Why become a member? ×

The Great Bass Census

Bankai

First Bass: Marlin Sidewinder - seemingly the only good one ever made, talking to other Marlin owners
Go to bass: Alder/Maple P with East P Retro (on the wish list)
My bass: I want two very different sounds (super modern and super retro) and GAS has told me I need two specific and expensive basses for this, so no one bass can do it for me (I'm sure that's not the case, but you know how GAS is)

First Bass Owned: A hideous black & orange Vox thing with nylon strings.
'Go To' Bass: 75 RI Jazz.
'Your' Bass: Larkin Reacter fretless 4.

:)

EDIT:

[i]"First Bass Owned: A hideous black & orange Vox thing with nylon strings."[/i]

It wasn't, it was one of these: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/wem-vintage-wem-sapphire-bass-guitar-1968-rare-/200577517847?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2eb35a0917"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/wem-vintage-wem-sapp...=item2eb35a0917[/url]

I always remembered it being a hideous VOX thing but it was actually one of these hideous things - A WEM Watkins Saphire!

God, it was AWFUL too!

My old man bought it for my 12th b-day (which, to be fair, was almost 30 years ago!) so I can be forgiven for my mistake I think!

Good times indeed! :)

Edited by johnDeereJack

First Bass Owned: Warwick Rockbass Corvette, passive 4 string version.
'Go To' Bass: Fret-King Blue Label Ventura Super 80.
'Your' Bass: Ditto.

Having said that, the Fret-King is quite the beast (in more than name alone) so depending on the situation it may be a touch OTT! Totally love it though, so much fun to play, and a great full sound. <3

Edited by fragglefart