Why become a member? ×

Suggest Some Covers

phil.mcglassup

Heeeelp!! I hope this is posted in the appropriate forum

The cover band I'm in are looking for some new songs to cover and up to now have aimed for the rock/MOR type songs - our vocalist is female. Songs such as :-

I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett
Because The Night - Patti Smith
Call Me - Blondie

etc...etc.

Problem is that my mental 'music library' is limited and the rest of my band suggest unsuitable songs to cover.

Can anyone suggest any more suitable songs in a similar style -preferably with a female vocalist - that we can cover. It doesn't matter how difficult or boring the bassline, or whetheer there is any backing vocals or not, as long as it 'rocks'.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1054945' date='Dec 11 2010, 01:39 PM']Beautiful Dangerous by Slash, with Fergie from The Black-Eyed Peas on vocals[/quote]
Oooh yes loving that one!

We do a lot of Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi with our girly singer, All I wanna do is make love to you by Heart as well. Bitch by Meredith Brooks, You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrisette, Black Velvet. Strangely enough a new song we have started to do and always goes a storm is Born to Run,Springsteen. We knocked it up a tone and she sounds great. 25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago, rest of set is usual Sex on Fire,Dakota etc!

Some Usual Suspects...

(although I prefer the Slade version - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHgCN9z0Tpk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHgCN9z0Tpk[/url] - Jim Lea in full effect :))

Bit o' Tina:

Don't rule out Zep & Purple either - a good amount of their cataloque sits quite well with female vox.

Having used to be in a "chick" band (I just couldn't wear the basque any more....... :) )

Black Velvet - Allanah Myles
What's Up - 4 non-blondes
Weak - Skunk Anansie
Ironic / One hand in my pocket - Alanis Morrisette
U & ur hand - Pink
Valerie - Amy Winehouse (Zutons)
Crash - Primitives
Left outside alone - Anastacia
Teanage dirtbag - Wheatus
Proud Mary - Tina Turner (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Maria - Blondie
When you're gone - Mel C & Bryan Adams (if you've got male vocals too!)
Our lips are sealed - The Go-go's
99 red balloons - Nena
& don't forget ABBA......

Edited by Shaggy

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1054945' date='Dec 11 2010, 01:39 PM']Beautiful Dangerous by Slash, with Fergie from The Black-Eyed Peas on vocals[/quote]

Great vocals. Tricky guitar part. Even our guitarist couldn't get to grips with this one so he didn't offer it as song.

Edited by mep