Why become a member? ×

Best Film Sound Track

iconic

[quote name='silentbob' post='1006645' date='Oct 30 2010, 08:05 PM']Was the music in 28 Days Later all done by Godspeed You, Black Emporer?[/quote]

just one track I think, "east hastings" - but the film makers edited it fairly extensively.

all the soundtracks above have been great, I think I'll have to add "American Psycho" though for film incorporation. possibly the best use of 'Sussudio' ever.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1006716' date='Oct 30 2010, 09:25 PM']I thank you, fnm and boo yaa tribe no less :)[/quote]

I thought the whole album was a great concept, not a bad track on there. Another Body Murdered though is on a different level for me, one of those songs that make you keep hitting the volume+ button until there ain't no volume+ left.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfTg4Fcza58"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfTg4Fcza58[/url]

[quote name='JamieBenzies' post='1006343' date='Oct 30 2010, 03:01 PM']Starwars? Surely the best film score ever, awesome :)[/quote]
Except John Williams heavily borrowed from Strauss, Wagner, Mahler, Holst etc. Perhaps TOO heavily.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1006551' date='Oct 30 2010, 06:49 PM']Saturday Night Fever.[/quote]
Yep. This.

[quote name='silentbob' post='1006645' date='Oct 30 2010, 08:05 PM']Was the music in 28 Days Later all done by Godspeed You, Black Emporer?[/quote]
AM 180 is by Grandaddy (scene in the taxi, driving North)

A big +1 to;
Judgement Night (various)
Dirty Harry (Lalo Schiffrin)
Clerks (various)

Got to say that James Horner's work on Star Trek II is lovely, even if certain elements of his themes re-occur in other films that he's scored.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='1006869' date='Oct 31 2010, 12:34 AM']Except John Williams heavily borrowed from Strauss, Wagner, Mahler, Holst etc. Perhaps TOO heavily.[/quote]

...and Holst from Stravinsky, Stravinsky from Rimsky-Korsakov, Rimsky-Korsakov from Wagner, Wagner from Beethoven, Beethoven from J.S Bach... his influences in no way diminish John Williams' talent as the most recognisable film scorer of the 20th century.

Edited by risingson

[quote name='Zach' post='1007037' date='Oct 31 2010, 09:51 AM']The Jungle Book! probably the film of my childhood. Some absolutely brilliant tunes on there.

Second to Blues Brothers, but we all know that already :)[/quote]

Can I have another? Already stated 2nd to the blues brothers is Jackie Brown for me

Im also a big fan of the Legend album by Clannad, used on the 80s Tv show Robin of Sherwood, ok its not a film, but better than the one Costner did with Bryan Adams

[quote name='risingson' post='1006407' date='Oct 30 2010, 03:10 PM']Anything Thomas Newman has scored, American Beauty, The Green Mile, Road to Perdition, Shawshank, etc.[/quote]

Yep he is my fave at the moment - Really emotional writing, and he can get out there as well when needed.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1006558' date='Oct 30 2010, 05:54 PM']But such a rubbish film.[/quote]

:)

[quote name='risingson' post='1006914' date='Oct 31 2010, 01:07 AM']...and Holst from Stravinsky, Stravinsky from Rimsky-Korsakov, Rimsky-Korsakov from Wagner, Wagner from Beethoven, Beethoven from J.S Bach... his influences in no way diminish John Williams' talent as the most recognisable film scorer of the 20th century.[/quote]

You took the words right out of my mouth - then added more very apt examples.