Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked this mark rig up today after months weeks and days contemplating what to get. This came up and it also involved a day out by the seaside. I’m hopeful going to be gigging a lot more after I threw my toys out of the pram a few years ago and quite the gigs I was doing. I’ve had mark gear before so happy as can be. 

481D3562-5568-42C5-A0D3-EE9AFC708D9C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bassist on the Run said:

Just picked this mark rig up today after months weeks and days contemplating what to get. This came up and it also involved a day out by the seaside. I’m hopeful going to be gigging a lot more after I threw my toys out of the pram a few years ago and quite the gigs I was doing. I’ve had mark gear before so happy as can be. 

481D3562-5568-42C5-A0D3-EE9AFC708D9C.jpeg

Awesome stuff!  Congrats!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bassist on the Run said:

I saw a purple chilli on here. If it’s the same one I was very close to going with it but don’t know enough about them. Your man cave looks amazing and the rigs look right at home. 

I expect it would have been the one that was recently on here as only 4 of these 750w heads exist and only 2 of these cabs, so it's a rare beast indeed! 

Thanks! The man cave is a bit of a dream come true if I'm honest. The other end (behind where the photo was taken) has a small gym set up, my office/recording gear, a teeny tiny 'kitchenette' and toilet/shower so it's fully equipped and means I never have to go back to the house again! 

Edited by binky_bass

1 minute ago, binky_bass said:

I expect it would have been the one that was recently on here as only 4 of these 750w heads exist and only 2 of these cabs, so it's a rare beast indeed! 

Thanks! The man cave is a bit of a dream come true if I'm honest. The other end (behind where the photo was taken) has a small gym set up, my office/recording gear, a teeny tiny 'kitchenette' and toilet/shower so it's fully equipped and means I never have to go back to the house again! 

perfect set up for the married man 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, msb said:

I’m looking forward to the conclusion.

The two amps sounds great both!!

some small details are different

aguilar are more warm and comfortable 

but the sisma and cabs are like a sword in the mix.. more detailed at higher volume.. and linear..

the db750 with Jad&Freer cabs are a perfect match too.

I think I will be happy for the future with this amps to match..

…but The sisma head are a little monster… more present and punchy than the db750.

and it does not sounds like a class D amp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been running a Monique preamp into a Bergantino Forte to get much the same effect. It has turned my Forte from modern hifi to old school tube warmth. And I could switch between the two instantly without having to spin many knobs or change too many settings.
I had not heard of Sisma. I’ve been reading about them. Thank you!

Very happy with these but sadly I don't get much opportunity to use the 650-Vanderkley setup. I think I've only used it three times, two rehearsals and one gig. Great sound though. The little EBS rig gets most use as rehearsals are in a small practice room now and not the old club with a large stage. We have a few gigs booked so looking forward to blowing the dust off. 

IMG_2173.jpg

• Like 6

On 12/03/2023 at 20:36, binky_bass said:

Picked these two bad boys up this weekend... Looking forward to giving them a proper run over the next few weeks. 

They nicely complete my home rehearsal space/man cave!

20230311_140906.thumb.jpg.89b0035d051da3749f5d9be9d19b0153.jpg

20230311_145512.thumb.jpg.54b173eb7c5ec449804334e0d7f8b418.jpg

Id love another BB750, always regretted selling mine

On 17/03/2023 at 21:24, foya said:

The two amps sounds great both!!

some small details are different

aguilar are more warm and comfortable 

but the sisma and cabs are like a sword in the mix.. more detailed at higher volume.. and linear..

the db750 with Jad&Freer cabs are a perfect match too.

I think I will be happy for the future with this amps to match..

…but The sisma head are a little monster… more present and punchy than the db750.

and it does not sounds like a class D amp

I’m really curious about this Class G technology and would love to read a full review of Sisma. And their cabs. 

• Like 1

Added the 410 today. I need do a test load in my car but I'm pretty sure it all fits for those times when you just want a little bit of edge in a venue. It provides me with a lot of flexibility in set up. Pretty excited to find a venue I can put it all at now....but I'll definitely be practicing with it all over the next few weeks. ✌️🧙‍♂️

_20230401_204245.thumb.JPG.05100caef6986272eeaefad067411629.JPG

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Added the 410 today. I need do a test load in my car but I'm pretty sure it all fits for those times when you just want a little bit of edge in a venue. It provides me with a lot of flexibility in set up. Pretty excited to find a venue I can put it all at now....but I'll definitely be practicing with it all over the next few weeks. ✌️🧙‍♂️

_20230401_204245.thumb.JPG.05100caef6986272eeaefad067411629.JPG

Insane. Great, but insane.