Why become a member? ×

Just bought my dream Bass!!!! LTD Edt Black/Gold Stingray!

bassatnight

OMG I am over the moon, I have been looking for a bass to replace a recent sale (one out one in) and I was happily trawling through the Bass shop websites and thought I'd have a look at what Stingrays they had when I saw this headline - 2006 Ltd Edt Musicman Stingray in Black with gold trimmings, I have been after one of these babes since they were released but they have been out of my price range and as rare as hens teeth.

Quickly checked the bank account and sweated buckets as the browser took ages to go through the buying process and just got the e-mail confirmation thats shes mine!

Only thing left is to try and convince her in doors it didn't cost too much, but being all black and gold I think she won't buy it! looks liek it may cost me additional shoes and a night out for her! ;-(

Edited by bassatnight

Hi Jon,

I have been after one of these for so long and its a rare life keeper, now a Fender Deluxe P and my life will be complete although I may have save up for quite a while now! ;-)

Steev.[quote name='jonthebass' post='952617' date='Sep 11 2010, 12:08 PM']Good Man!
It's great to score something you've been after for a while isn't it?

Cheers,
Jon[/quote]

[quote name='bassatnight' post='952612' date='Sep 11 2010, 12:06 PM']OMG I am over the moon, I have been looking for a bass to replace a recent sale (one out one in) and I was happily trawling through the Bass shop websites and thought I'd have a look at what Stingrays they had when I saw this headline - 2006 Ltd Edt Musicman Stingray in Black with gold trimmings, I have been after one of these babes since they were released but they have been out of my price range and as rare as hens teeth.

Quickly checked the bank account and sweated buckets as the browser took ages to go through the buying process and just got the e-mail confirmation thats shes mine!

Only thing left is to try and convince her in doors it didn't cost too much, but being all black and gold I think she won't buy it! looks liek it may cost me additional shoes and a night out for her! ;-([/quote]
Now I just know you expect me to slag it offf but :) ......................Hey I love the colour scheme..very 70.s John Player race team :rolleyes:
If it came with wide wheels I might just get me one :lol:

[quote name='bassatnight' post='952998' date='Sep 11 2010, 06:42 PM']Always loved the black and gold finish, takes me back to watching Henry Thomas on Rockschool back in the day with his Yamaha BB5000 in black and gold.[/quote]

I know what you mean there! I hope you're a better player than he was on that show though! Still, it's always awesome to get the bass you've been dreaming of (for me, it's Kubicki Ex Factors). Hope you enjoy it!

Just a word of warning...don't sell it! I traded my first Kubicki and regretted it later...took me nearly 4 years to find another one!