Why become a member? ×

How much did your collection cost

luckman67

In the last 4 years or so i've done nothing but trades (bar the 2nd hand ABM head for £160), so i've spent absolutely nothing but string money pretty much.

If I were to buy now though...

Bacchus Venus = £1500
MIM Jazz + pickups = £500
Yamaha RBX = £400
Ashdown ABM300 = £250
Ashdown MAG210 = £180
= £2830

If I factor in all the old stuff I bought that wasn't traded for the above...
Squier Bronco = £110
Stagg MB300 = £130
Stagg BC305 = £120
Vintage V940FL = £200
Spector Q6 Pro = £350
= £910

[quote name='tino' post='934062' date='Aug 23 2010, 07:25 PM']I base my findings thus
Gretsch G 6072 £1
Fender USA P £1
Fender Jaz £1
Fender Jag £1
Ibanez 74 RC £0.50p
obviously the other 20+ must have been less than 50p each................DEAR!
Oh and the amps were courtesy of the fairies[/quote]

hang on mate!? That can't be right! Nah there is no way a Fender USA P bass is THAT steep! :) (okay is she gone now?)

Guest johnzgerman

could you all provide your full addresses and postcodes and also times when you will be out of the house, and i'll see about getting a van and a crowbar:)

I'm looking at about 1k on basses, £500 for the amp, £300 or so on studio gear (then £150 on my guitar setup, cheap and cheerful yet very decent for the money)
I buy used 99% of the time, so my rig is pretty cheap, but packs a massive punch and sounds great IMO. I've not really changed anything for a while with the exception of the addition of a fretless.

However, it did take me a while to get here, and i would estimate i've spent in the region of 3k or so before i got where i am

Edited by budget bassist

Custom Eagle "Wonky" - £600
Lakland DJ4 Jazz - £600
NJ Eagle "Pinky" - £110
NJ ST - £50
Platinum ST - £30
Gold Ironbird - £90
Thunderbird 5 - £200
Thunderbird 4 - £100
1960 Ibanez 1250 - free!

[b]£1,780[/b]

More than I thought; less than I might :)

Didn't include amps/effects - I don't want to upset myself :rolleyes:

Edited by Gust0o

Wow,Gust0o,you got Wonky that cheap!!!,I paid over double that for her

As for my stuff,wouldn't have a clue on some of them

here is what I can remember

1994 Widow bass £432 + £20 shipping and currently having over £500 of work done to her
1985 Ironbird bass $1700 + shipping (Known to be broken before purchase)
2007 Widow bass $2400 (I think)
1985 Bich Supreme $3200
1987 ST bass $600
1979 Bich bass - swapped
1978 Mock bass - free
1981 Mock bass - free

Blue Yamaha RBX 6JM - swapped for a BCR guitar I paid less than £300 for
Red Yamaha RBX 6JM - swapped for a BCR bass I was given
Ibanez RG 570 G**tar - free
1990's BCR Warlock NJ II - probably around £300

So £6,000 odd,but actual value would be hard to judge as some were given to me,some I got amazing deals on,some I swapped

Replacement value would also be hard to judge,for example the retail cost of the 2007 Widow bass in the USA is $5,895,roughly £3,800,but Rosetti have a habit of removing the $ sign and replacing it woth a £ sign without any adjustment in the actual figures :)

:) :rolleyes: :lol: I used to be into Classic Cars - I'm almost cured!

When I started to build up my original collection, I thought it would be cheaper pastime
than the cars - buying them, maintenance, tax, insurance, trips to loads of shows,
and misc expenses. . . . . . . It isn't!! :o :o :P

Total value £12 10/ 6d ;)

Hope Mrs Eric doesn't read this, the housekeeping will rocket to Twelve Bob a week!! :rolleyes:

err

warwick stage one 400
JV p bass 650

£1050 for the two amazing basses, not bad eh!

i have sold 3 basses... and took a wee loss on compared to waht i spent on two and a profit on another so in that sense i am +£100 on trading....
tempted to sell the fretless...

Edited by LukeFRC

I started counting up the value of all my gear (at new-for-old prices) a while back for an insurance quote and stopped when I beat the £10k mark! But I don't smoke, only drink occasionally and don't have a swinging social calender so the money has to go somewhere!

Bass-wise it looks a bit like this:

Fender Precision - £600
Lakland Joe Osborne - £730
Lakland 55-01 - £400 (*Editor's Bargain Buy Award*)
Shuker Custom 6 - £1800(!)
EB MM Bongo - £700 (actually the 5 string version cost £700 and I straight traded that for this 4 string)
Warwick Corvette - £400
No-name acoustic bass - £50
Aria Pro II 5 - £170
Ibanez RD300 - £60 (going permanently to my brother when he brings my Warwick back)
Westfield P copy - £20 (now given it away)

So that's £4930 then. I'd hate to think how much I've [i]actually[/i] spent in the last 17 years... but this is what I have knocking about to show for it!

...worrying thing is I could happily live with just one... but don't make me choose!

...this total is probably enough to buy more than 1, possibly more than 2 of my dream basses - take note children!

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Gust0o' post='936977' date='Aug 26 2010, 11:32 AM']I love your swap-shop antics on the Biches.[/quote]

Funnily enough,this is the second time I've owned this 1979 Bich 8,I sold it in 1992/3

First time I got it,I swapped a brand new G & L Asat for it

The other 1979 Bich 8 i used to own cost me a mint Washburn Status and £100,I sold that in 1993,I know where it is today,but the guy is out of his mind for how much £££'s he wants for it,considdering the damage he has done to it,I offered him £500 knowing I would have to spend around £600 to get it right again,but he refused,shame,he'll be keeping it then LOL

[quote name='Musicman20' post='936488' date='Aug 25 2010, 09:59 PM']Spent too much, but nowhere near as much as my friends who are car fanatics.[/quote]
Too true.
If the value of my stack is less than or equal to the cost of my car, then I bought too expensive a car!
Besides which, in the 12 years I've owned my stack, I'm on my sixth car.
Collection?
Oh dear!

Quick maths makes it £9.5k!!! :)
Basses only, at prices paid. But over 18-odd years, that ain't so bad.
Doesn't include a broken s/h Ibanez. 2 s/h basses dismantled for spares.
Last time I undertake that exercise!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='937724' date='Aug 27 2010, 01:18 AM']I remember seeing a Wal on sale at the gallery for £1200 a few years ago. It had some mojo but I recall a year later it would likely have appreciated probably 70% in value. It's a funny old game we're in![/quote]

I bought a Wal for £500, kept it for 4 years and played it pretty solidly then sold it on here for £1450 as I wanted a BCer to get it (knew I could get more for it elsewhere)....

Imagine how pi$$ed I was when the same punter sold it on the 'bay the week after for £700 more than I was asking... git... at least I got the credit card cleared, eh...

Edited by Bigwan