Why become a member? ×

Would you buy/play a pink jazz? With Pic

bubinga5

I'd absolutely love a pink bass - and I mean a proper, lurid, glows-under-UV fluorescent pink, not any of this insipid, washed-out baby-clothes crap. This sort of thing:

[attachment=51702:Daisy_Ro...tar_Bass.jpg]

And yes, I'd gig that. Why not? :)

Jon.

[quote name='Clarky' post='861530' date='Jun 8 2010, 09:37 PM']The Jazz in your original post is awesome looking B5 but NOT with gold hardware. Takes it from a lovely 60s retro thing to pure bling IMHO.[/quote]
Im hearing you clarky, but i dont mind bling...tis alot of bling though!!....least its rare...

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='861421' date='Jun 8 2010, 08:23 PM']If it was [i][b]very[/b][/i] pink [u][b][i]and[/i][/b][/u] had a big "Hello Kitty" graphic on it, I'd seriously consider it.[/quote]

WORD!

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='861421' date='Jun 8 2010, 08:23 PM']If it was [i][b]very[/b][/i] pink [u][b][i]and[/i][/b][/u] had a big "Hello Kitty" graphic on it, I'd seriously consider it.[/quote]

This is a fairly accurate description of my ex's butt. I spent a lot of time considering it.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='861352' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:07 PM']Just wondering what everyone thought of pink basses...i have the chance to bag a stunning shell pink custom shop jazz with gold hardwear..its a 62, with the most amazing flame maple neck.....Hope Nic doesnt mind me talking about his bass!!!

Any thoughts...

its exactly the same as this but with gold hardwear[/quote]

Big style! If you don't want it, I'll have it! How much coin?

[quote name='discreet' post='861692' date='Jun 9 2010, 12:18 AM']Pics?[/quote]

No pic, no butt.

I'm in the 'pink is good, gold bits are bad' camp. Err, not camp, um, brigade. They are much more girlie. I would expect that bass to be packed away into a giant, black Range-Rover with low profile tyres and spinners.

Just pink would arrive in a Corvette Stingray.

[quote name='RhysP' post='861545' date='Jun 8 2010, 09:52 PM']Pink bass? No problem.

One of my favourite ever Zons:

Yummy![/quote]

Wow ! Wow ! Wow !

As for the original OP, I think that pic you have looks great and whilst I've never been into gold hardware I think the extra bling might just be a nice finishing touch on that particular instrument.

Edited by purpleblob

[quote name='purpleblob' post='861776' date='Jun 9 2010, 08:55 AM']Wow ! Wow ! Wow !

As for the original OP, I think that pic you have looks great and whilst I've never been into gold hardware I think the extra bling might just be a nice finishing touch on that particular instrument.[/quote]

But isn't that purple?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='861777' date='Jun 9 2010, 08:56 AM']But isn't that purple?[/quote]
What, the Zon?
It's a difficult colour to capture - I've seen pictures of it where you'd say it was definitely pink & others where it looks more purple.
Let's say it's the pinky side of purple. :)

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='862054' date='Jun 9 2010, 01:33 PM']I sold my shell pink squier musicmaster, but I'm keeping my violetburst daisy rock:

[/quote]
I love these. There's a short-scale hole in my armoury (and perhaps in my [i]life[/i]) that this would fill perfectly. :wub:

J.