Why become a member? ×

So it's trivial and it should be what I want..

HMX

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='837955' date='May 15 2010, 10:13 AM']Checkered for the win.[/quote]

What he said.
[quote name='Dave Vader' post='838126' date='May 15 2010, 01:41 PM']Red Tort on a black Jazz, I think there's a law about it somewhere....[/quote]
Or what he said.

Black is good on a P, but on a J it doesn't quite do it for me because of the chrome (or whatever it is) bit the knobs are on. (I apologise for the English, it ain't good is it!)

[quote name='xzodar' post='838129' date='May 15 2010, 01:45 PM']I voted Black Pearl :rolleyes:[/quote]
:lol: That is beautiful, I think I may settle on the Black Pearl.

Thanks to those who contributed :)

[quote name='Bilbo' post='837869' date='May 15 2010, 07:07 AM']Mirror - like Phil Lynot. :)[/quote]

Definately.Maybe not on a Jazz,but on a Precision it's a good look.My Precision had one on it when I bought it,honest..And a metal scratchplate makes a subtle difference to the sound too.

[quote name='Dandelion' post='838505' date='May 15 2010, 10:48 PM']I also have a black Jazz with a white pickguard...

I can`t help thinking that it looks like a killer whale..

I want to exchange it for a black one.[/quote]
Let's both take the plunge.

Pun intended :)

[quote name='Mog' post='838524' date='May 15 2010, 11:33 PM']Voted other. Are those inlays MOP or abalone. Match the guard to the inlays. Simples![/quote]
Pearl but I'm not overly keen on the black and white, killer whale like combination.

Voted other.

Black and White look to plain, brown tort is best on oly White. The best suited would be red tort.

Although I had a spark of genius when I remembered the pick guard on a customised OLP guitar. It was 4 layer ply, B W B the top layer was a dark grey/silver pearloid. I'm sure White pearloid would match it well, especially with the block inlays.

Second thoughts I'm now looking for the grey pearloid gor my jag :)

[quote name='iconic' post='838359' date='May 15 2010, 07:31 PM']I voted other....can you get an orange pickguard...no really, the combination really works well...KTM's?[/quote]
Orange and black? Jacobs Cream Crackers! :)

[quote name='HMX' post='839128' date='May 16 2010, 07:15 PM']Ah, that is very nice Bay. How is it with finger marks and dust and everything though? Or does that sound silly...[/quote]

ok with dust and prints but if you slap and pop at all, best keep your nails as short as possible, to avoid [i][b]slap rash [/b][/i]under the D and G strings