Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop Madness

wateroftyne

Hi folks

I've seen this - or another one like it - advertised in the US. I thought it was a one-off but maybe I'm wrong...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Telecaster-Bass-Trans-Red-Custom-Shop_W0QQitemZ400112784710QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGitarren?hash=item5d28949546"]Hmm.. not my kinda thing...[/url]

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='793548' date='Apr 1 2010, 05:55 PM']Looks like something you'd buy from Woolies in 1971.[/quote]

Yep - 'Audition' guitars. Remember them well.

Re. this bass - why on earth would anyone want a mastercraftsman to make them something that looks like it cost ten quid?

It's bloody hideous , a waste of good parts and if it finds an owner at that price they deserve each other.

Based on the Deluxe Telecaster I think? I had a chat on TB with a guy who owned it when I was in my short-lived Telebass phase in late 2008, seems it works as a bass. I really quite like it, it's very much the love child of a Tele and a '70s Gibson, so I'm sure The Ox would have liked it also!

Unless they made a lot of these, which seems unlikely, I can't quite see how it's listed as new?

C

Not a fan of the red at all, the green looks better to me. Neither really appeal. Denis Galuska has done some pretty weird stuff for Fender over the past few years (check out the masterbuilders profiles). That said, I had a Jazz fretless built by him - it was an absolutely stunning bass - beautifully constructed with serious boutique attention to detail. Fabulous tone and playability too. My fretless technique (or lack thereof) was the only reason it was moved on

I just bought a Fender American Deluxe Precision 4 String Electric Bass (Montego Black - Rosewood Fingerboard) for $1299 US. This new bass fresh from the factory is a beauty. The fact is , the bass is a tool and not a stand alone instrument. I'm not a soloist and I don't need an electric bass that costs as much as a Rollix Watch. I have however put in a whole lot more money into my amps . There is one site that some know about if not check out this site and dream a little:

[url="http://www.bassemporium.com/"]http://www.bassemporium.com/[/url]

Edited by Florida_RRoe7_A