Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

Saturday we played the Two Brewers in Chepstow, they mostly bobok blues/rock bands so we go down well there. It was hot so we were outside from 8 to 10 with a strict curfew.

Drank about four pints of lemonade with a dash of lime...

Crowd was a bit less than usual as there was a 'Rock the Castle' event with multiple bands on the same night, but went well. Broke in the new Squier P.

image.thumb.png.f933913a8365d6f7739f3c840c88ecc5.png

Taking my Performer to a jam tonight, 24 fret fun up the dusty end is anticipated, plus I promised someone I'd do Bad penny with him so was cribbing Gerry MacAvoy's ideas last night 🙂

• Like 8

On 13/08/2022 at 04:49, dmccombe7 said:

Had to have a 2nd take wndering what 8/13 and 8/14 was then i realised in US you always use month before date rather than in UK its date and month. There's me initially thinking it was an address thing. It was just a for a second or two then it hit me. I'm not that slow...............honest. 😂

Have a good weekend Blue.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I hope you had a good weekend.

Blue

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stofferson said:

Played Bloodstock festival Friday - definitely the hottest festival I've been too.

In house cab was a very rare and very dark sounding Carlsboro 410, glad I took my own head, the Carlsboro head looked . . pants. Sounded great on stage! Can't complain.

I'm still trying to rehydrate.

Sound was awesome, crowd was packed out. Sandwiched between Exodus and Testament, so not a bad slot.

I'm tired . . .

299547404_10166940508245077_875094498441535170_n.thumb.jpg.7acc29c4d6d3a7290b1fa29222d54838.jpg299273068_6052129914803630_4875570164538838635_n.thumb.jpg.861eaa947c1124e72ea8369ff1169cf1.jpg

Esteemed company indeed 😎

What's your bands name?

37 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Some pics from Saturday...

received_1237136343757350.thumb.jpeg.d50a5d920534789d0620aece4a8e7e8e.jpeg

received_2213657982142319.thumb.jpeg.733d0ca76076622d26d9e9b7f86c640a.jpeg

Yes, Alex and I  randomly turned up in identical t-shirts!

Don't you usually stand the other way around? 

Edit, I don't mean facing backwards obvs. 

Edited by Paul S
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Thanks Dave,

I hope you had a good weekend.

Blue

3 week break from gigs due to holidays within both bands but still fitting in the occasional rehearsal with the Glam band.

Quiet weekend fro me. End of the month is our next gig with the punk band.

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

3 week break from gigs due to holidays within both bands but still fitting in the occasional rehearsal with the Glam band.

Quiet weekend fro me. End of the month is our next gig with the punk band.

Dave

That's cool.

We've been having drummer issues and have been using allot of deps. Some have been ok and some could never find a groove.

Blue

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Saturday we played the Two Brewers in Chepstow, they mostly bobok blues/rock bands so we go down well there. It was hot so we were outside from 8 to 10 with a strict curfew.

Drank about four pints of lemonade with a dash of lime...

Crowd was a bit less than usual as there was a 'Rock the Castle' event with multiple bands on the same night, but went well. Broke in the new Squier P.

image.thumb.png.f933913a8365d6f7739f3c840c88ecc5.png

Taking my Performer to a jam tonight, 24 fret fun up the dusty end is anticipated, plus I promised someone I'd do Bad penny with him so was cribbing Gerry MacAvoy's ideas last night 🙂

Hello - I have the same speaker GR Slim , but why have you fixed the amp on the top 🤔

17 minutes ago, Niiranen said:

Hello - I have the same speaker GR Slim , but why have you fixed the amp on the top 🤔

If the Terror Bass is anything like my Little Bass Thing, then it needs to be prevented from vibrating off the cabinet - very light amp with hard plastic feet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

That blows my mind. I don’t think I’ve ever done a gig where I’ve not been on the right with my mate Timbo on my left. It would freak me out!!

Indeed, I have done it before and been out of sorts all night.

• Like 1

i used to always prefer on thedrummers RHS. It allowed me to easily glance at my neck while still looking at bandmates on stage whereas i am now on the LHS of the drummer and cant glance at the neck and left hand positioning without it being obvious. 

I guess that's a good thing 😂

Dave

2 hours ago, Niiranen said:

Because at one gig I was playing a bit loud (ok I was also using an octaver) and at the end of the song the head was nearly off the top of the amp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

i used to always prefer on thedrummers RHS. It allowed me to easily glance at my neck while still looking at bandmates on stage whereas i am now on the LHS of the drummer and cant glance at the neck and left hand positioning without it being obvious. 

I guess that's a good thing 😂

Dave

I'm on the drummers left, as he tends to look at the snare/hi-hat and can't turn right! 🤣

I tend to look at the neck a fair bit, but no-one in the audience ever looks at me, so that's not a problem. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Obrienp said:

Got to ask: what is that bass? Supplementary question: how are you finding the Terror Bass/GR Slim combination? 

Far more important question - where did you get the T shirt? I certainly didn't get one with my LBT!

4 hours ago, Obrienp said:

Got to ask: what is that bass? Supplementary question: how are you finding the Terror Bass/GR Slim combination? 

Bass - Fender Performer.

T-Shirt - Orange website! ( @FinnDave one of the bands last night played Dark Star, bit of a cheat when you get 'three songs or 15 minutes 🤣 )

Rig... effin' awesome. Ridiculously loud, great for blues rock, best compliment I had was a sound engineer telling me I sounded like Jack Bruce (was using the Epiphone with twin 'probuckers') 🙂

• Like 2