Why become a member? ×

Philip Parris Lynott (20 August 1949 – 4 January 1986)

Hamster

[quote name='YouMa' post='700836' date='Jan 4 2010, 07:27 PM']Dancing in the moonlight for me![/quote]
+1, although there are loads of his other songs I love too, as I've been brought up mostly on Lizzy!

If you like Phil Lynott, it's a great reason to buy a precision, some flatwounds and a pick! :)

I was lucky enough to see Lizzy quite a few times. Phil was the ultimate frontman for me. It didn't matter when I saw him it was always like seeing an old friend again.

I saw him with Grand Slam a few times as well. It was never quite the same though. I'm not ashamed to admit I sobbed like a baby when I heard he had died. His music had a massive influence on me. I've always said I would go to visit his grave to pay my respects. Think I will do it this year.

R.I.P

[quote name='YouMa' post='700836' date='Jan 4 2010, 07:27 PM']Dancing in the moonlight for me![/quote]
+1 for me too, with The Rocker a close second.

Don't have any guinness, but I do have a bottle of St Peter's awesome Cream Stout left over from the Xmas beer stash, which seems entirely appropriate.

RIP Phil.

He was fabulous. I nearly auditioned as a guitarist for him, but he died just before I got my chance (I wouldn't have got the gig, no good at the beautiful chords he would have wanted at the time) I was so sad, he was a hero to me.

Sarah is still one of my favourite songs.

Edited by silddx

Thin Lizzy were the first live band I ever saw. Was lucky to catch them on their last tour (Thunder & Lightning LP) in 1982. Remember the day Phil Lynott died :)
My favourite album is 'Black Rose', so many cracking songs on it.
[i]RIP Mr. Lynott[/i]

Edited by nick

I was only 12 when he died, so a little before my time.
However, I was watching BBC4 a couple of weeks ago and he was performing The Boys are Back in Town live. Absolutely brilliant, really got into it.
From everything else I've ever watched or read about him, his death was truly sad a big loss to music. Everyone always refer to a decent man he was.

Thought I would throw in my couple of lines worth.
I have been a huge fan of Lizzy, right from the early days.
In my opinion, the Gorham/Robertson years were the best.
Perhaps the best gig I ever went to was on the Johnny The Fox
tour - '76?
A huge talent. We do quite a few Lizzy numbers in our set and
that keeps me busy enough - hard to imagine playing, singing
and entertaining the crowd as a brilliant front man.
Very much missed, can't believe it is 24 years!! :)
I certainly raised a glass!! :rolleyes: