Why become a member? ×

What bass ...ON LOOKS ONLY...

Dom in Dorset

What bass do you think just looks good? You don't have to own one, or have even tried one. You don't have to like the way it plays or sounds.
I'm a T bird fan so you'd expect me to go for something a bit weird but here's my choice:

And the end view:

I just love the simplicity of the design, the jazz bass has a beautiful body but coupled with the black headstock....
It may not have the contoured body of the usual Jazz but there is something about that shape.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='694066' date='Dec 27 2009, 12:41 AM']an all-original 1966 daphne blue fender mustang in near-mint condition with lollypop tuners & creamy pearl pickguard[/quote]
[quote name='Rowbee' post='694073' date='Dec 27 2009, 01:00 AM']Could you be a little more specific? :)[/quote]
I think maybe JLP forgot to mention the TI Jazz Flats. :rolleyes:

Simply for a good-looking bass..?? I think a Sadowsky Jazz is a very stylish bass and if you wanted to go up a level cosmetically, I think Sei J's or/and possibly Celinders.

For me, the Jazz design..and enhanced, IMV, by certain others, takes some beating.
I'd say Jazz=benchmark bass

[quote name='Rowbee' post='694061' date='Dec 27 2009, 12:29 AM']Any kind of Warwick Streamer - I just love the body shape.[/quote]

That'll be the classic 'Spector' shape then :rolleyes:

For me... it's a white Spector NS-2 all the way!! :)