Why become a member? ×

GAK (www.gak.co.uk)

erisu

I just like to start a thread here to praise GAK! I ordered a Squier Affinity bass off Amazon, they have been very good at communicating throughout the process as I specifically wanted the black finish as it's going to be a project mega mod bass, they kindly emailed me back informing me there's a one week wait on that finish so i agreed. Week later... they got the bass in, sent it, emailed me with tracking number, received bass next day. All extremely smooth!

The Squier Affinity played extremely well, flawless i must say as i was very very surprised with the quality of these! I didn't like the thinner body though so I phoned them the next day and asked if I could exchange the Affinity for a Standard Jazz and they agreed! So courier collection has been arranged by them for Monday for free of charge!!! :) I even said I'm willing to cover courier cost on the collection before Ian agreed to have it collected over the phone. So... once collected, I will be ordering a Squier Standard off them and hoping to receive the same excellent customer service from them! :rolleyes:

Hat's off to the guys at GAK! *thumbs up*

Edited by erisu

Tried buying from them a few times, and have succeeded on occasion, but always used to get something telling me whatever I wanted was out of stock and they'd get it by a date, then that date would pass and then change to later, so don't really order from them now. I see their site has info about whether things are in stock now though, which is good.

I hate to criticize them, as they have always been friendly, delivered the items I have ordered quickly and at a good price, but on the last couple of things I have ordered from their website, I didnt get any kind of acknowledgement for the order, and had to contact them a few days later to find out what was happening. The latest (an amplifier this week), I got an e mail back from them that gave the distinct impression that they had had to search for my order after hearing from me, and had only just found it! After that it was delivered in lightning fast time. Good company, but maybe the website ordering system needs checking?

it seems they now actually have a stock checker on the website, which is great as they have a reputation for not having something in stock but not telling you about it and it taking 3 months to come, as per my experience with them, twice. Never ordered from them again as far as i can remember. I don't buy brand new gear much anyway, but if i was to i woudl buy in an actual shop.

Edited by budget bassist

Purchased a USA jazz from them a few weeks ago which was said to be in stock. Get an email the next day saying they were expecting a delivery of the item in around 10 days. Checked the purchase page and it still said the guitar was in stock! When the 10 days came up they just changed it for a week later when it eventually arived. Don't think ill be using them again!

Remember, GAK in store and gak.co.uk are different companies.

I bought my usa fender 2008 jazz from them about 10 months ago, got an email from them the next day saying the olympic white was out of stock for another month or so I think, but they had a pearl white in stock so they changed my order for me, and they delivered within a week. Shame no one was in the house and we had to go to the depot in the evening, but the prospect of a brand new jazz was enough to let my dad slip for that :)