Why become a member? ×

scarified

Putting aside tone and quality, what is the best looking bass rig out there ? I know tastes change and huge stacks may not be as cool as mini rigs these days - right ? Is a boutique backline more impressive than, say, an Ampeg or Ashdown rig, or is it kind of poncy looking ? Do Peavey/Hartke rigs make you look like a working musician, or a chav ?

Finding the best sounding amp is easy, finding the best build quality is easy too. But what about image ?

Discuss.

Edited by scarified

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='658595' date='Nov 18 2009, 09:35 PM']Oh yeah I didn't notice the cab without the head. Is that an old H+H head on top of it?[/quote]

That bit of the rig was unused at that point, the head that went with the cab is dead, with an H+H head on top for completeness. It's not a real Acoustic, it's a clone. Your pic confirmed the bolts are the same. Came with a 120w valve head. Interestingly, the guy I know who had a 360 said the best sound he had was the cab with a Fender Bassman head going into it, bypassing the power amp.

Also:

[quote name='Clarky' post='658663' date='Nov 18 2009, 10:25 PM']Best looking for me (but too heavy for my dodgy back):

[attachment=36651:Rig.jpg][/quote]

Clarky we both have VERY good taste!

White/sunburst basses, Orange rig!

Ive spoken to that guy who owns that rig in that picture...nice chap and was helpful with honest recommendations :)

Thank you "thisnameistaken" - Simply no need for words.

This used to be called power-dressing. All the shoulder pads you can muster. Judging by the faded stencil paint on the amp it's £27,000 worth.

I think that means you're serious. No one in the audience will be taken prisoner.

Ampeg - I've arrived.

Mesa - I'm on the same bill as Paul McCartney.

Balcro.

Edited by Balcro

[quote name='YouMa' post='658816' date='Nov 19 2009, 02:05 AM']I always thought hartke ali cones looked sharp.[/quote]

Ahhh yes!! Defintely! - The guy Bon Jovi have playing for them rates highly in the coolness factor for his rig! Though I can't seem to find any pics of his rig on stage.. I think it's something like 6 4.5XL cabs with luverlee shiny cones!