Why become a member? ×

Tecamp

JimGavin

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='638505' date='Oct 27 2009, 09:30 PM']Did anyone on here bag one of the 2x12 combos?[/quote]Bought one Monday .. only tested it at home but pretty loud & so light !
Gonna gig it on Tuesday & let next band use it so I can have a listen (only vocal PA) .. time to sell some gear now lol !

Simon

ps. speakon ext states 'minium 8Ohm' .. can I run a 6 or 4 Ohm cab ? (probably wont ever need to tho)

[quote name='sifi2112' post='641120' date='Oct 30 2009, 02:29 PM']ps. speakon ext states 'minium 8Ohm' .. can I run a 6 or 4 Ohm cab ? (probably wont ever need to tho)[/quote]
It's not a good idea. The minimum load for the amp is 4Ω, so using a 6Ω/4Ω cab with the 8Ω internal speakers would overload the amp (since 6Ω//8Ω = 3.4Ω or 4Ω//8Ω = 2.7Ω).

[quote name='sifi2112' post='641120' date='Oct 30 2009, 02:29 PM']Bought one Monday .. only tested it at home but pretty loud & so light !
Gonna gig it on Tuesday & let next band use it so I can have a listen (only vocal PA) .. time to sell some gear now lol !

Simon

[u]ps. speakon ext states 'minium 8Ohm' .. can I run a 6 or 4 Ohm cab ? (probably wont ever need to tho)[/u][/quote]

Glad someone on here bagged one... always the chance of it coming up used at a latter date. :)

re. the ext cab - You can only use an 8 or 16 ohm ext cab with this combo. If you use a 4 (6's are available but rare and normally in cabs with drivers in multiples of 3) ohm cab chances are you will fry the amp. :rolleyes:

I too noticed the BadBull gone and I was gonna try and get it as aloaner from GG as I have been sold a dud amp from them - nt their fault and the online/ phone guys are a pleasure to deal with.

Might see if I can snag the Performer 600 looks plenty mean and i understand its got a valve in there somewhere too.

Any of you cats had a go on one?

[quote name='krispn' post='641414' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:45 PM']I too noticed the BadBull gone and I was gonna try and get it as aloaner from GG as I have been sold a dud amp from them - nt their fault and the online/ phone guys are a pleasure to deal with.

Might see if I can snag the Performer 600 looks plenty mean and i understand its got a valve in there somewhere too.

Any of you cats had a go on one?[/quote]

Not had an amp from the Performer range but I had their Black Cat amp... stunning amp! However, like the BadBull it is difficult to utilise the full power of it unless you have cabs with appropriate matching ohmages and when are you seriously going to need that much power! :) The P600 is a lot more sensible though 600w @ 4 ohms and it 'can' operate @ 2 ohms if need be. :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='641457' date='Oct 30 2009, 08:48 PM']Not had an amp from the Performer range but I had their Black Cat amp... stunning amp! However, like the BadBull it is difficult to utilise the full power of it unless you have cabs with appropriate matching ohmages and when are you seriously going to need that much power! :) The P600 is a lot more sensible though 600w @ 4 ohms and it 'can' operate @ 2 ohms if need be. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Can you tell me more about the Black Cat amp? What does it sound like? Can you compare it to other brands, like Ampeg, SWR, EBS etc?
Thanks

had a play on the 1x12 combo last night and blown away is not the word! :lol:

for 250w this thing goes LOUD, easily enough to play along with a drummer, and even at full volume there is literally no breakup in the sound, thats with a 5 string bass and the low end boosted. in fact, it's when pushed that the tone of this thing really comes alive!

and speaking of tone... :brow: i haven't got my shuker at the moment, and only have an OLP 5 string with, frankly, ancient old strings on it. despite this, even with the eq flat, i was able to get a clear, articulate and very punchy sound. and never found myself needing to move anything more than a quarter turn to dial in different sounds.

still only had a quick play with it. but i can't wait to try it out in a live situation! :) and spent last night dreaming of how spectacular it would be with a barefaced midget underneath it :rolleyes:

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='640710' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:59 AM']Is it just me that's relieved that everything useful has now gone. The temptation to grab a bargain that I don't need and can't afford was significant :)[/quote]
Nope. Me too. I had convinced myself i needed a 2x12 Combo and thank god they had sold the last one when I phoned them :rolleyes:

[quote name='deaky' post='641930' date='Oct 31 2009, 03:25 PM']Hi Guys

When travelling to gigs I need to keeo my combo in the boot of my car. Is there any possibility of damaging the amp going over bumps etc??

Sorry if its a daft question :)

Cheers

Stuart[/quote]

Valve amps can be susceptible to damage if thrown about in the boot of a car or van (especially if they aren't fully cooled down, post gig) but solid state amps are less prone and there's no reason why the Tecamp should be better/worse than others.

Evening chaps!

Has anyone managed to find where we can get the Tecamp covers? They apparently can be left on the cab whilst you play. They have a front zip for the where the front grille is.

I managed to get this M212 without annoying the missus too much. Once she realised I could carry it alone, and that I got it really cheap, she ‘got it’.

I’m going to give mine a good test over the weekend as I’m learning some new songs for a potential band I’m joining. Hopefully it will sound as good as it looks.

I checked on guitarguitar’s site, and they seem to now be selling the S/M210s off quickly as well. To be fair, one 4 ohm 2x10 would be great for a quieter band. Oh, and now just the 1x10 combos left.

I checked with their manager, and they are not going to be getting any stock of Tecamp stuff again. It’s a one off, and they cannot order new stock at normal prices. So, im asking around about the covers.

I first thought perhaps Tecamp were stopping production, but then I realised their site has been updated with an event today so they must still be going strong. That’s good news!

After a word with another one of tecamps stockists, it seems Rosetti are not a dealer anymore, and that’s why they sold everything off cheap. Now we need a new dealer so we can buy our covers.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='642038' date='Oct 31 2009, 05:35 PM']Evening chaps!

Has anyone managed to find where we can get the Tecamp covers? They apparently can be left on the cab whilst you play. They have a front zip for the where the front grille is.[/quote]
Dont know about Tec amp covers but got this from Maplins today £15
[attachment=35473:DSC00700.JPG]

[quote name='Musicman20' post='642038' date='Oct 31 2009, 05:35 PM']After a word with another one of tecamps stockists, it seems Rosetti are not a dealer anymore, and that’s why they sold everything off cheap. Now we need a new dealer so we can buy our covers.[/quote]

Rosetti were the Tecamp importer/distributer for UK, getting supplies of things like covers may be tricky until the new distributer is up and running - anyone know who the new distribute is ?

Some of the Euro dealers may be able to supply covers:
Here's the product codes and eur list prices:
[url="http://www.musikundtechnik.de/download/A_TE_Endverbraucherpreisliste_0809_english.pdf"]http://www.musikundtechnik.de/download/A_T...809_english.pdf[/url]

and heres someone that sells them this one is for the M212 (product code TECCM750) , phew, wore meself out researching that :)

[quote name='MOSCOWBASS' post='642341' date='Nov 1 2009, 09:42 AM']I got my gigbag for my Puma here: [url="http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb/manufacturer/tecamp"]http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb/manufacturer/tecamp[/url] Covers are not listed here at the moment, but they could probably get them for you.

Iain H[/quote]

Thanks!

Any reviews on the gear yet chaps?

[quote name='~tl' post='640328' date='Oct 29 2009, 06:11 PM']Thoughts so far...
[list=1]
[*]This thing is stupidly light. Easily a one handed lift.
[*]It's plenty loud enough. Even on minimum volume, it's pushing what I can get away with for flat practice volume!
[*]I think I've found my tonal nirvana... TI Flats -> Fender Precision Deluxe -> ACG Preamp -> Tecamp.
[*]It has a tilt-back system consisting of a small aluminium rod that is stowed on clips on the bottom of the amp. There's a holder for it in the port on the back of the amp, which allows the amp to be tilted to a ~45º angle. Which is perfect for the sort of small gigs that I play.
[*]I am, however, slightly disconcerted about the amount of hiss that the amp emits. It's very noticeable with the master above ¼. Adding treble to the EQ really brings it out. I think I'm going to pop back to G.G. tomorrow and compare to the one that they had on demo. I certainly didn't notice a hiss on that one (and had it turned up quite loud), so I think I may have got a bit of a lemon.
[/list][/quote]

any update on the hiss? mines the same.

i've never had an amp or rig that hasn't had some level of hiss. but playin in my room this hiss is noticable over my playing. which is a little bit worrying..

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='642643' date='Nov 1 2009, 05:39 PM']any update on the hiss? mines the same.

i've never had an amp or rig that hasn't had some level of hiss. but playin in my room this hiss is noticable over my playing. which is a little bit worrying..[/quote]

Ah man :)

Try it out a few times. Hiss can be really annoying. Maybe its just a small bug with these combos....ive not actually heard a Tecamp amp yet!

Well after a weekend away I came home to a great big TecAmp cardboard box...with my 4x10 inside it :)

It's the 4ohm version which is ideal for me as a single cab solution. It looks great and is an easy 1 man lift, just got to give it a thrashing at band practise this week. I'd deffo be interested to hear about the official covers if anyone manages to source a supplier...