Why become a member? ×

Tecamp

JimGavin

I have to say...for the first time ever I feel like we all have got really lucky....sure GG have made money somewhere on this gear...and someone may have lost out, but this stuff actually is BRAND SPANKING NEW.

I came home today to find the M212 in a very well padded tecamp box. Its even got the original box, a manual on how the speakers 'work', and the cab had corner protectors and a bag over it. Sure its been taken out to be checked, but wow is this perfect.

Ampeg really have been beaten by the Germans in terms of quality of 'old school' design; the fake leather is VERY nice, the corners fit flush, the back panel is clear, the handles work well, the front grille looks awesome, and the two poles next to the grille look great.

I haven't tested it as yet, just took it out and inspected it thinking itd be scuffed etc.

Thank god its 4 ohms, and yes, its the lightest cab in this size ive ever experienced. I got it up the stairs on my own! Its also solid as hell.

Here are some phone pics:

[attachment=35365:photo_0001__2_.jpg]

[attachment=35366:Photo_0002__2_.jpg]

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Dubs' post='640545' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:11 PM']I was at work when the courier came so my 4x10 is next door and they've gone out for the night :)

I did think about breaking in... :brow:[/quote]

I cant wait for your face when you pick it up. Once they are out of the box...you brace yourself for a heavy weight...then it isnt there!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='640551' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:20 PM']I cant wait for your face when you pick it up. Once they are out of the box...you brace yourself for a heavy weight...then it isnt there![/quote]

I had that experience with an Epifani UL310 - it was funny :) but that was only a 3x10...

I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this cab!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='640605' date='Oct 29 2009, 11:18 PM']I really want a Puma 500 now. I have £0. Piss[/quote]
IMO maybe you should have bagged a combo and then atleast you would have the amp and a quality cabinet in one. You have alot of other gear that is similar to the cab you got, which you could've added to the combo for an even bigger rig if needed, and still be lightweight

Edit: Sorry, you only have the Aguilar 212 and that isn't really lightweight. Fair play to you then my friend!

Edited by Lew-Bass

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='640609' date='Oct 29 2009, 11:22 PM']IMO maybe you should have bagged a combo and then atleast you would have the amp and a quality cabinet in one. You have alot of other gear that is similar to the cab you got, which you could've added to the combo for an even bigger rig if needed, and still be lightweight

Edit: Sorry, you only have the Aguilar 212 and that isn't really lightweight. Fair play to you then my friend![/quote]

True!

But I would have struggled to ever get a 2x10 Cab in 8ohms at such a low price again :) If that Puma 500 head came out I would have bought it straight away.

Yep...its my first light cab and its pretty small considering what I was expecting. I love cabs!

Next step next year is finding another nice lightweight amp....maybe a Puma 500

[quote name='Musicman20' post='640614' date='Oct 29 2009, 11:31 PM']True!

But I would have struggled to ever get a 2x10 Cab in 8ohms at such a low price again :) [b]If that Puma 500 head came out[/b] I would have bought it straight away.

Yep...its my first light cab and its pretty small considering what I was expecting. I love cabs!

Next step next year is finding another nice lightweight amp....maybe a Puma 500[/quote]

I'd like to see someone having a go at [i]making[/i] it removable tbh. I've seen it on here before, where someones taken a saw to a combo with very pleasing results, and as they weren't too bothered about re-sale value, they created a functional combo, stand alone cab and stand alone head out of the one unit. Just gotta be brave and have some know-how really, as is with many things in life. Unfortunately, I haven't much of either :rolleyes:

Edited by Lew-Bass

[quote name='Musicman20' post='640626' date='Oct 29 2009, 11:57 PM']I think we all need one of these....do the girls come with it?!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veI0XHuD7Zc&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veI0XHuD7Zc...feature=related[/url]

I baggsy the leggy brunette.[/quote]

If the girls come with it I'd buy it.. and I don't even know what it does!! Is it in essance just like a huge gramma pad?

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='640619' date='Oct 29 2009, 11:50 PM']I'd like to see someone having a go at [i]making[/i] it removable tbh. I've seen it on here before, where someones taken a saw to a combo with very pleasing results, and as they weren't too bothered about re-sale value, they created a functional combo, stand alone cab and stand alone head out of the one unit. Just gotta be brave and have some know-how really, as is with many things in life. Unfortunately, I haven't much of either :)[/quote]
From having a peek through the vents, and from the screw locations, I have a hunch that they've just used the same chassis as the head (with a different top plate). If that's true, then it shouldn't be TOO difficult to convert it. I'd think you'd need a new top plate and possibly a new back plate. I guess I'll whip the back off when the new gear feeling has warn off and I feel confident enough to tear it apart :rolleyes:

[quote name='Dubs' post='640545' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:11 PM']I was at work when the courier came so my 4x10 is next door and they've gone out for the night :)

I did think about breaking in... :brow:[/quote]

Think they might have gone out to work :rolleyes:

It's like ships passing in the night... :lol:

[quote name='deaky' post='640953' date='Oct 30 2009, 12:01 PM']Hi folks

I just grabbed a Puma 112 combo. Just one question..its got a small gap to the bottom right hand side around the back. Does anyone know what this is for??

cheers

deaky[/quote]

Maybe where the tilt back stand goes?