Why become a member? ×

Tecamp

JimGavin

[quote name='Bananaman' post='639082' date='Oct 28 2009, 02:03 PM']ah thanks, i'm in Leamington Spa. what cab(s) you planning to use the puma 350 with?[/quote]

I ordered the S212 too. I'm going to take it to my next practice along with current amp and try both amps through the S212 - if the Puma is loud enough I'll keep it purely because of the weight, if not I'll stick with my HD500 and sell the Puma. Hoping the Puma does the job though!

[quote name='Bananaman' post='639081' date='Oct 28 2009, 02:02 PM']what amp do you use with the S212 as a stand alone rig? and is that plenty enough volume for stage sound/small venues?

I bought Whynot/Alan's old ND212S before upgrading to Whynot/Alan's ND410S. The 212 is easily loud for most medium size gigs. I filled the main hall at Farnham Maltings with a single cab and my single cab easily out performed an Ashdown 2x10 + 1x15 stack, Ashdown 4x10 combo and numerous other rigs belonging to other bas players.

The only reason I went for the 410 is because my amp chucks out 600W at 4 Ohms, so wanted the greater headroom of a larger, higher impedance cab for a smoother sound. I am seriously, seriously temted by that Performer 600 and 810. The wife would crucify me though.

just gone over to my mums house and she asked if there was anything in particular i'd like for christmas. couldn't really think of anything.

then i went for a quick look on basschat and found this thread! :) was positively blown away by the saving on the 1x12 combo, showed my mum saying (in jest) 'this is what i want for christmas'. to which she replied 'wow, that is quite a bargain... well if it's what you want'

so new combo on the way!! :wub:

[quote name='Dubs' post='639343' date='Oct 28 2009, 06:53 PM']So how many people have TecAmp stuff arriving tomorrow? :rolleyes:

At last count...6/7?[/quote]

I lost sleep last night considering bagging some of this gear BUT common-sense kicked in and I left alone... despite phoning GG this morning to check that the 2x12 combo was definitely sold! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='639348' date='Oct 28 2009, 06:56 PM']I lost sleep last night considering bagging some of this gear BUT common-sense kicked in and I left alone... despite phoning GG this morning to check that the 2x12 combo was definitely sold! :)[/quote]

:rolleyes: I know that I would have lost sleep had I not made a preemptive strike on the 4x10 cab - probably much more suited to what I need anyway - my new rig is based around a 1.4kw QSC amp and the 4x10 will take 1.2kw :lol:

I've never had this much GAS for something I've already bought!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='639348' date='Oct 28 2009, 06:56 PM']I lost sleep last night considering bagging some of this gear BUT common-sense kicked in and I left alone... despite phoning GG this morning to check that the 2x12 combo was definitely sold! :)[/quote]

i'm glad the 2x12 combo wasn't there when i saw this!

though it would have been nice to see a 1x12 cab there..

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='639348' date='Oct 28 2009, 06:56 PM']despite phoning GG this morning to check that the 2x12 combo was definitely sold![/quote]
I did the same thing this morning as I would have had a 2x12 combo if available, but needed to make sure.
The only other item I would have gone for is the Puma 1000, but not listed. Guess it would have been around the £500/600 mark if it had been.

Will be interesting to see what people make of the various items when they arrive as like any amplification it won't be to everyones taste, but fantastic prices for quality gear in my opinion.

Hey guys

Well, lets hope this M212 is as good as I hear! I cannot believe how low the prices are. I think this is going to be a very lucky one off….the thing is I nearly bought one of these at £900 a few months back…then I nearly bought one second hand for £700!

I would love the 212 combo. I asked for some advice off Talkbass and the chap who has tried most of them said the old design S212 is fantastic, and the M212 is also brilliant but bigger and more low end. I basically gave him the list if what they had, and the prices, and he said get the M212 as it’s the best all rounder and still very light. Its not small by any means, but by my calculations its shorter/wider than two AE112s, and 18 lbs lighter! Oh...and how much cheaper yet still high end?!

The combos would have been more tempting if they had the option of taking that fantastic amp out….plus….if I ever wanted to use it to its full potential, I would have needed another 2x10 8 ohm cab. If that amp would have come out, I would have paid even more.

This is my first neo cabinet, and I cannot believe its only 44lbs….the same as one Aguilar DB112! That is insane. Plus, 4 ohms.

My LM3 will be getting a good workout very soon with this cab! I have a gig on Friday, so if we have space ill be taking this with me.

Pics and review up soon.

If I don’t really need it, I’ll be selling it on, so let me know if you are interested. It won’t be selling any lower than what I paid though due to the already super low price.

To be honest, if I didn’t already have a lot of cabs, one of those 6x10s would have been amazing. But, overkill for me. If I was looking for a 6x10/8x10 I would grab one NOW!

Can we keep this thread going and get some pics up when they all arrive?

I asked the manager at guitarguitar and he said it’s all new stock, not even been used. I hope the cabinet is in as new condition. I don’t mind the odd scuff, but ill check it out tomorrow. He did mention they bought it all at really low prices; not sure how, but then again, for the saving and the fact its got a one year warranty, I cannot complain.

Remember chaps….they have a 7 day no hassle returns policy. Any issues….send it back.

I really want a cabinet cover, one of the proper Tecamp ones. Where can I buy one?!

UPDATE - At these prices, Im tempted for a 1x12 combo...purely because its a high end 1x12 combo for £399!!!!

When is everyones gear coming?!

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='RussFM' post='638918' date='Oct 28 2009, 11:19 AM']I ordered a Puma as well, couldn't resist at that price, a £1568 rig for £698 that weighs next to nothing. Can't wait for Friday's gig now![/quote]

was that the 350 Puma Head? (not sure if they had any 500s?). let me know how loud it goes if so as debating whether to also get the 350 puma head to go with the S212 or to get a Puma 500 or maybe orange terror bass.

Having said, that there doesn't seem to be a lot in it between the Puma 500 and Puma 350 when using with just one 8ohm cab (which i would be) & the price difference will be huge as only the 350 is on offer:

Puma 500 Output RMS:
500 w (4 ohms), [b]270 w (8 ohms)[/b]

Puma 350 Output RMS:
350 w (4 ohms), [b]250 w (8 ohms)[/b]

The Puma heads don't appear to have pre-valve sections like Genz/MB/Orange Terror but they seem to have had better reviews in some cases in terms of being deep. Maybe i'm being too judgemental of solid state gear being a valve lover!? think its a choice between the orange bass terror @ £412 which will give me 500 watts into 8ohm or the Puma 350 @ £349 which would give 250watts into 8ohm.

Hmm i've maybe just answered my own dilemma - double the power for an extra £60! ...would prefer the slightly smaller and matching head though and sounds like the Puma might go deeper :S

Edited by Bananaman

[quote name='Musicman20' post='639465' date='Oct 28 2009, 09:16 PM']To be honest, if I didn’t already have a lot of cabs, one of those 6x10s would have been amazing. But, overkill for me. If I was looking for a 6x10/8x10 I would grab one NOW![/quote]

i know, i keep going back to the site because i simply cannot believe that you can buy an all tube amp and 8x10 for £1200... beside the fact that it's one that should cost over FIVE THOUSAND!! I don't need it. but i feel i need to buy it!

[quote]Can we keep this thread going and get some pics up when they all arrive?[/quote]

i don't think this thread will be going anywhere anytime soon :)

[quote]UPDATE - At these prices, Im tempted for a 1x12 combo...purely because its a high end 1x12 combo for £399!!!![/quote]

thats exactly why i got it :rolleyes:

[quote]When is everyones gear coming?![/quote]

with the strikes starting tomorrow, who knows?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='639501' date='Oct 28 2009, 09:54 PM']Dont worry about the strikes....guitarguitar site says they are not affected due to who they use.

Has anyone got a 210 combo or 112 combo then?!?!??!

There are quite a few left on the site...I want one![/quote]

S212 being delivered tomorrow!
EDIT- dumb question removed, just read the answer! smile.gif

Edited by Bananaman

[quote name='Musicman20' post='639501' date='Oct 28 2009, 09:54 PM']Dont worry about the strikes....guitarguitar site says they are not affected due to who they use.[/quote]

Don't think I'll have mine tomorrow; chances are I'll be at work when the delivery guy knocks on my door :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='639501' date='Oct 28 2009, 09:54 PM']Dont worry about the strikes....guitarguitar site says they are not affected due to who they use.

Has anyone got a 210 combo or 112 combo then?!?!??!

There are quite a few left on the site...I want one![/quote]

Got the 210 combo yeah. They rang me under 5 minutes after I ordered online from the Newcastle store to tell me it will be with me before 5:30pm tomorrow. Really, really excited

Me too. Last 2x12 was snagged on an Internet order last night.

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='639496' date='Oct 28 2009, 09:47 PM']i know, i keep going back to the site because i simply cannot believe that you can buy an [u]all tube amp[/u] and 8x10 for £1200... beside the fact that it's one that should cost over FIVE THOUSAND!! I don't need it. but i feel i need to buy it![/quote]

Believe me it is NOT an all tube amp. :rolleyes: It has tubes in it, both pre and [i][u]a[/u][/i] tube in the power amp[b][/b] but it isn't a valve amp! :)