Why become a member? ×

Tecamp

JimGavin

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='648900' date='Nov 8 2009, 04:38 PM']...Crossing fingers that the 112 combo is stable, I think at this stage a single failure doesn't mean much - there's a few guys on talkbass that have been using the tecamp stuff for quite a while. We'll see.[/quote]

Well, you know where to find me if you want to sell it :lol: :rolleyes: Seriously :)

[quote name='TheButler' post='650397' date='Nov 10 2009, 09:43 AM']Well, you know where to find me if you want to sell it :lol: :rolleyes: Seriously :)[/quote]

Heh, will do - I need to see what it's like in proper action before I decide. So if you know of any gigs going, I'd love to know! Just moved to Edinburgh and still on the lookout.

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='648906' date='Nov 8 2009, 04:49 PM']I think it's something to do with this. This only happened since I put something into the effects input and outputs (headphones, I DID ask where to put them! :lol: ) and it started, i took them out of the effects input/output (cant remember which) and it stopped, but then another time 30 minutes or so later it re-appeared, I turned it on and off and it was fine... :rolleyes:[/quote]
Lots of people had problems with the Genz Benz Shuttles when they first came out, problem caused by the "make/break" jacks in the send and return. I wonder if these amps have been lying aroung for a while and the "closed" contacts of the send/return are causing the hiss. Just another theory!! Try cleaning the jacks with Sevisol 10 :).

Iain H

[quote name='Musicman20' post='651792' date='Nov 11 2009, 05:15 PM']Let me know what the cover is like please :)[/quote]

Could you post a photo when you get a chance as well? :rolleyes:

If anyone is still looking for a 1x10, one has gone back for a warranty repair and 'should' be available when it comes back (I'm leaving it offline at the moment).

Have we got anymore photos of the units in action?

[quote name='MarkMcK' post='652695' date='Nov 12 2009, 03:01 PM']Could you post a photo when you get a chance as well? :)

If anyone is still looking for a 1x10, one has gone back for a warranty repair and 'should' be available when it comes back (I'm leaving it offline at the moment).

Have we got anymore photos of the units in action?[/quote]can do. they said it would be a up to 2 weeks. Hopefully it will be less

[quote name='~tl' post='647774' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:24 PM']They all do that...[/quote]

It appears that they don't 'all' do it! I have one and it mutes the signal completely!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='649051' date='Nov 8 2009, 07:51 PM']This hiss seems to be affecting the combos.....hmmm.

I wonder what it is.[/quote]

Again the hiss isn't affecting 'all' of the combos. I'm hypercritical of humm and noise (other than the racket that I call bass playing) and this 2x12 combo is pretty spot on, no noise! :)

[quote name='~tl' post='644035' date='Nov 3 2009, 12:00 AM']The 2x10 and 2x12 combos use a Class D amplifier rather than the Class AB one in the 1x10 and 1x12... so that could make a difference too.[/quote]

Not sure that is right either as the 500w Puma 2x12 has a label indicating that it is class A/B power! :)

edit

Did anyone on here get one of the 8ohm 1x12 cabs that can match the width dimensions of the 2x12 combo?

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='653995' date='Nov 13 2009, 07:56 PM']It appears that they don't 'all' do it! I have one and it mutes the signal completely![/quote]
Hmm, I guess it's another difference between the Puma 350 and 500. I've only tried the 1x10 and 1x12 (both powered by the 350), and neither mute completely.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='653997' date='Nov 13 2009, 08:00 PM']Not sure that is right either as the 500w Puma 2x12 has a label indicating that it is class A/B power! :)[/quote]
Hmm, well the website says Class-D :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='653995' date='Nov 13 2009, 07:56 PM']It appears that they don't 'all' do it! I have one and it mutes the signal completely!

Again the hiss isn't affecting 'all' of the combos. I'm hypercritical of humm and noise (other than the racket that I call bass playing) and this 2x12 combo is pretty spot on, no noise! :)[/quote]

Did you pick up a 2x12 combo?!

[quote name='~tl' post='654008' date='Nov 13 2009, 08:15 PM']Hmm, I guess it's another difference between the Puma 350 and 500. I've only tried the 1x10 and 1x12 (both powered by the 350), and neither mute completely.[/quote]

I own a Puma 1000 head and it doesn't mute when gain is zeroed. Would never have noticed if i hadn't tried it having read this thread

[quote name='Musicman20' post='654370' date='Nov 14 2009, 11:46 AM']They do look like damn fine combos.

I'd love one If I could afford the extension cab as well.[/quote]

First impressions are that it is quite a sensitive speaker load so I'm not convinced that it'll need an extension cab to work in most situations; i.e. when it gets to the point where you need to partner it with an extension cab you should be going through the PA! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='654384' date='Nov 14 2009, 11:58 AM']First impressions are that it is quite a sensitive speaker load so I'm not convinced that it'll need an extension cab to work in most situations; i.e. when it gets to the point where you need to partner it with an extension cab you should be going through the PA! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Sounds awesome to me :)

Keep us updated.

just a bit of an update.

did a gig on friday with a math metal band(!), there was meant to be backline (cabs) provided by the headliners but they pulled out last minute so i had to use the 1x12 combo on it's own, no PA support, against a vast drum kit and a peavey half stack..

unbelievably i could be heard on stage AND in the audience (just)! unsuprisingly i was on full volume, but suprisingly there was absolutely no break up in the sound, even on the low Dflat.

one day i'll add a barefaced midget and this rig will be litteraly immense :)