Why become a member? ×

Sacked..............

yorick

ah well! women and children first! seems like they are dancin with the devil and goin crazy from the heat. I'll bet they have to Jump to get to the next level and maybe your just a little bit of a shy boy onstage which may not make a ladies night in buffalo but hey there's always a hot dog and a shake!

I would just take out my Elephant Gun and give them Big Trouble... you could also get on some Sensible shoes and walk right onto Easy Street where those California girls are waiting for the Ice cream man to deliver some Perfect Timing!

And at the end of it you need to just Stand Up and hope for some Lady Luck cause you know A little aint enough and when it all goes Damn Good you know Thats Life!

:) take it easy mate definitely not the end of the world just a little one trick pony cover band!!

andy

Edited by andy67

[quote name='bassbloke' post='500313' date='May 28 2009, 09:55 PM']They changed their minds. It happens. No excuse for not being completely upfront with you about it though and sacking you by e-mail is so pathetic as to be laughable. Doing a Dave Lee Roth is particularly difficult, what with the high kicks, mid air splits and general gymnastics. Now that you've left, begs the questions - was he any good?[/quote]

As a Roth, "Dave" was pretty good. The high kicks were there, but the mid air splits... sadly not! :)

[quote name='andy67' post='500323' date='May 28 2009, 10:04 PM']ah well! women and children first! seems like they are dancin with the devil and goin crazy from the heat. I'll bet they have to Jump to get to the next level and maybe your just a little bit of a shy boy onstage which may not make a ladies night in buffalo but hey there's always a hot dog and a shake!

I would just take out my Elephant Gun and give them Big Trouble... you could also get on some Sensible shoes and walk right onto Easy Street where those California girls are waiting for the Ice cream man to deliver some Perfect Timing!

And at the end of it you need to just Stand Up and hope for some Lady Luck cause you know A little aint enough and when it all goes Damn Good you know Thats Life!

:) take it easy mate definitely not the end of the world just a little one trick pony cover band!!

andy[/quote]

:rolleyes: :lol: :D Brilliant !

[quote name='andy67' post='500323' date='May 28 2009, 10:04 PM']ah well! women and children first! seems like they are dancin with the devil and goin crazy from the heat. I'll bet they have to Jump to get to the next level and maybe your just a little bit of a shy boy onstage which may not make a ladies night in buffalo but hey there's always a hot dog and a shake!

andy[/quote]

That's good....... :rolleyes:

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='500337' date='May 28 2009, 10:14 PM']That's good....... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Cheers Fellas! ;)

as you'll have probably noticed I am a big fan of VH and Roth! :lol:

andy

ps, seeing a s I'm an old rocker...I'd probably look like this fella in spandex only no as good lookin!! :) :D

Edited by andy67

[quote name='yorick' post='500393' date='May 28 2009, 11:11 PM']Certainly is.... or was in my case.[/quote]

Interesting.

He wants to take the tribute band to the [i]next level[/i], when he's talking about imminent world domination with the new line up of Wrathchild?

[quote name='yorick' post='500234' date='May 28 2009, 08:38 PM']As of today i am no longer the bass player in my (ex)main band. Apparently, i've been made the scapegoat for the bands inability to "reach the next level". The rest of the band have been talking about it for ages without my knowledge!!!!! Basically according to the email, "we think you've been unhappy for a while.....". Was i asked? Was i feck. "We'll be playing FLASHIER songs....." Was i asked to work them out, or if i was able to play them? Errrr, no. The only bit that had a ring of truth was about my reluctance to wear better stage wear and wigs. Even this was never mentioned, as in "Nige, we'd like you to make a bit more effort in your onstage appearance".
FFS, it's a Van Halen/Dave Lee Roth tribute, where the emphasis is on the frontman. Not a full blown Kiss tribute!!(Sorry Gary....)
And they got the drummer (who's the nicest guy in the whole world) to phone me up to explain the band's point of view............. excuse the shouting.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rant over.[/quote]

Sounds like it was a band of ponces anyways...Your better off without.
I hate it when bands say that, not happened personally but I hear about it all the time.
They want to play "Flashier songs"? Don't make me laugh! It's funny when bands say that when really they ain't playing anything harder than before...it's an easy way to kick someone down!

[quote name='yorick' post='500234' date='May 28 2009, 08:38 PM']As of today i am no longer the bass player in my (ex)main band. Apparently, i've been made the scapegoat for the bands inability to "reach the next level". The rest of the band have been talking about it for ages without my knowledge!!!!! Basically according to the email, "we think you've been unhappy for a while.....". Was i asked? Was i feck. "We'll be playing FLASHIER songs....." Was i asked to work them out, or if i was able to play them? Errrr, no. The only bit that had a ring of truth was about my reluctance to wear better stage wear and wigs. Even this was never mentioned, as in "Nige, we'd like you to make a bit more effort in your onstage appearance".
FFS, it's a Van Halen/Dave Lee Roth tribute, where the emphasis is on the frontman. Not a full blown Kiss tribute!!(Sorry Gary....)
And they got the drummer (who's the nicest guy in the whole world) to phone me up to explain the band's point of view............. excuse the shouting.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rant over.[/quote]

Yo Rick (did you see what I did there?!) :rolleyes:

If any of these gutless c*nts had bothered to communicate like adults, then I'm sure matters could have been discussed and resolved.

As it stands, they have proven, beyond doubt, that they are not worthy bandmates and you should count yourself lucky at having realised this now, before wasting any more of your precious time and effort.

Good bass players are hard to find and the demand right now for bassists is huge. You will have no problem finding a new, better band, in no time, whereas these yellow-bellied, passive/aggressive twats will not be playing anything, never mind their "flashier" songs with no bass player.

You've had a lucky escape - if a band cannot communicate effectively before they even play a note, there's no hope for them.

In time, you will realise this is a blessing in disguise. The absolute best retribution is onwards and upwards and that means don't waste another second of your time and energy on this. Just start hammering the band ads. I have a stack of contacts for bands looking for bass players if you want them. In fact, I know of a band right now, looking for a bass player to gig on the 5th June in London - PM me if you want the details.

PS - Spandex is just wrong.

Mucho sympathy here. The only thing worse than being sacked is expecting to be sacked and waiting for it to happen.

Meanwhile, I've been searching the web to find out where you can get spandex wigs, but I'm struggling here. Can you help?

Hang on just one minute!

No one has asked the most pertinent question yet... WTF does a Michael Anthony wig look like and where would you get one? :lol:

I mean no disrespect to the guy but that's hardly a killer look... :rolleyes: Of course if you're completely bald! :)

[size=6]"Gimme a break guys!"[/size]

sorry to hear that, they sound like a bunch of douche's anyways.

However I can never take people seriously that talk about taking things to the next level etc when they are doing somebody elses material.

By definition, a tribute act can only reach a certain audience and get so far, because it's just that, a tribute act.

Had it been an awesome band doing it's own stuff, then I'd have been mighty mighty mighty peeved, but no doubt if they are carrying on like this I'd expect to see multiple changes in the line up over the next few years whilst ego's prevail.

[quote name='clauster' post='500551' date='May 29 2009, 07:11 AM']Yorick, get yourself on Bandmix and Musofinder and you'll have a steady stream of requests from bands interested in your services.

Today is the first day of the rest of your bass playing life![/quote]

There are opportunities out there, especially if you have previous band experience - which clearly you do. I've had the most responses from ads I placed on Gumtree and Partysounds, with very little coming back from Musofinder. Good luck to you - I've been trying to find the "right" band for months now and it's far more time-consuming, exhausting, irritating and political than I had even begun to realise.

I knew him, Horatio .............

Total bummer

Although I feel the need to mention that there was another thread recently where someone's band was discussing how difficult it was telling a member that he was going to get the push.

Only one thing to do with adversity in life: Put it behind you and move on. After the worst episodes in my life, I have always been fortunate to move on to better things.

Edited by Golchen

[quote name='bassbloke' post='500292' date='May 28 2009, 09:33 PM']It's a Dave Lee Roth/Van Halen tribute band If you can't appreciate why wigs and spandex might be integral to the look, then maybe you are best out of it.[/quote]
Well yes, up to a point. If yorick had been playing the frontman role, then yes the wiggy spandex thang would be fairly vital. But Michael Anthony wasn't exactly known for his flowing tresses or glittery frocks. Billy Sheehan, now there's a different kettle of mullets.