Why become a member? ×

Limited time Joe Dart Signature Bass, Go…

Seeing the bridge I'm guessing it's equivalent to the Sterling Sub Ray 4 rather than the sterling Ray34?

Not that that means anything really, other than the cheaper price.

1 hour ago, Fil1ip said:

It's scarily cheap! Compared to the 'real one' shipping is a little high and assume there would be some import on this too. But wow 😲 

If you add it to the baskets and out in the address it calculates all of it for you.

FedEx deals with the tax / import on it. 

• Like 1

Am quite tempted to get one of these, then put an oval pickguard on it. Then, install active electronics and EQ controls, maybe on a chromed metal plate or something. Oh, and get it refinished in black sparkle. Price of the upgrades is a bit much, otherwise I’d be on it like Vanessa Feltz on a roast dinner. 

Might do it anyway. Vanessa Feltz and a roast dinner I mean, not the Joe Dart bass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's an odd bass. On one hand I've really grown to like them. And the looks. It's also great they've done a sub version. However, when you look at it objectively there's no control for tone or anything, so if the pick up isn't great you're stuck with it. Bonus if it's good though. Although, you're paying for less options and flexibility than a standard sub. 

As I say, it's weird. And cool. 

I'm tempted.  The pickup alignment actually looks good for a change, even the EBMM Darts have that weak G pickup design consistently throughout the MM, J and P.  Nice to see it shipping with EBMM flats - that's around £45 of the cost accounted for already.

59 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I was ready to buy one - put it in the basket and then.. £193 for shipping? I think not.

It's not. That includes all the VAT and Duty.

bout £110 for shipping from the USA for a bass. That's pretty cheap.

1859 sold so far, I have no idea if that is a lot for a mass produced instrument at this price point, sounds like a lot over a few days of sales even if you expect a peak at the start and the end.

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

bout £110 for shipping from the USA for a bass. That's pretty cheap.

It really isn't. £110 to ship 1 bass to the UK, that would be pretty good. 11000 to ship 100 basses? not so good. 

£335, seems like a good deal. £520, nothing special there then.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

It really isn't. £110 to ship 1 bass to the UK, that would be pretty good. 11000 to ship 100 basses? not so good. 

True, but they're shipping 1 bass 100 times. 

14 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Exactly this.

The equivalent non-Joe dart model is £399 from any UK music store at the moment, and this is heavily stripped down, so this is far from cheap. It's actually a pretty significant mark up % wise, but people are buying into it because it loosely resembles the proper one.  Smart move from EB!

• Like 1

If it was truly a limited edition it might be higher, but I think there will probably be quite a lot of them. And its like most of these sort of basses, I have never seen a sterling by musicman actually go for much, you can get them pretty cheap.

• Like 1

One of the advantages of spending every other month in Dallas with work is that I have a US address.  Just ordered one for $425 (around £335).   Worth it for that price - as someone already said, there’s £45 worth of flatwounds on the bass already… 

Not sure I’d have ordered one if I had to factor in UK shipping though.  That puts it in a whole different price point. 

I already have two single pickup basses with minimal controls, and once you factor in the shipping and tax it costs the bulk of what my existing two cost. There's nothing here for me, especially because I dislike that unnecessarily large bridge plate those cheapest SBMM basses have.

Apart from that effin' bridge (wouldn't have made it that much more expensive to use the Ray24/34 bridge, would it?), it is a handsome looking bass in its minimalist style.  But it's a no from me.