Why become a member? ×

New AI generated BC jingle...whaddya think?

Kiwi

• Kiwi changed the title to New AI generated BC jingle...whaddya think?
6 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

You could always play one...I think it's got bagpipes at the moment...?

The vocals make it sound like a football anthem.  I'm afraid my bass solo would be just that; me on my own far far away from that!

2 minutes ago, ped said:

Hopefully a future update will allow us to force play this whenever a member has the tab open

I know that this is at least slightly tongue in cheek, but it is already perfectly possible to make an audio file auto play with standard html code. 

Seeing as it was made by a machine and not a fellow musician, I feel I can dispense with tact and the appreciation due for another's artistic endeavours.

It sounds like a mobile phone advert :D

• Haha 1

:shok:

I fear for the future of music too, that is if that really is the future.

Absolutely horrible in every possible way.

A mix of about 79% pure clichés and 21% pure cheese, complete with absolutely terrible mix and sound quality as well, where everything is mushed together. :facepalm:

Toe cringingly bad.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

10 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

...complete with absolutely terrible mix and sound quality as well...

I'd completely disagree with you.

The sound quality is amazing! You can really hear, with quite astounding clarity, that everybody singing has a large beard.

Try headphones, maybe. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Funny but also deeply disturbing, its the phone jingle and advert industry today, the charts next year then thats it!

Yeah, a colleague and I are exploring AI at work quite a bit because we want to see how much time it can save in making tailored lesson plans and teaching resources including songs and images.  We've used AI generated images in reward cards which will get submitted for a gong next year.  I've managed to create some extremely specific images as prompts in activities. The quailty of AI movies has improved quite a bit too so we'll be looking at those sometime. 

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I'm looking forward to your much better alternative!

Dahhh....our only hope is that the aliens will come to earth soon and will start to teach us a better way how to play bass, guitar, keybords, horns and singing.

Edited by nilorius

McBusted would kill for that. Yeah, it’s clichéd, but AI has to go on things that have been heard before. Bravo, sir, bravo. 👏👏👏

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Yeah, a colleague and I are exploring AI at work quite a bit because we want to see how much time it can save in making tailored lesson plans and teaching resources including songs and images.  We've used AI generated images in reward cards which will get submitted for a gong next year.  I've managed to create some extremely specific images as prompts in activities. The quailty of AI movies has improved quite a bit too so we'll be looking at those sometime. 

I never volunteered, where did you get that idea from?

But if I did volunteer I definitely could write, compose and produce a much much better alternative.

However I fail how to see how that even is relevant, and I don't get your point, simply not really a valid argument, cause even if I couldn't I can still tell shit from great.

If I served a cooked shit to someone would the fact that they can't cook themself make them ineligible to tell me that I served them a cooked shit?

Mind I am not saying your OP is shit, I actually do appreciate it, and actually find it both interesting and relevant considering the recent general progress of AI and current popular discussion in the media about its capabilities and short comings. 

I just think that the song that the AI created for you is shit, and I think AI in general got a long way to go when it comes to being creative and making worthwhile art that isn't just a badly executed cliché.

And yes, it is fun idea and funny to listen to, however that doesn't make it any less of a shitty song.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

43 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

But if I did volunteer I definitely could write, compose and produce a much much better alternative.

Now, you see....maybe we should all have a go at creating our own BC jingles.

Bassists vs. The Robots :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ahpook said:

Now, you see....maybe we should all have a go at creating our own BC jingles.

Jingles? Not sure about that, but it'd be nice if a few more had a go at the monthly composition challenge to get the artistic juices flowing 🎶

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, upside downer said:

Jingles? Not sure about that, but it'd be nice if a few more had a go at the monthly composition challenge to get the artistic juices flowing 🎶

Fair point.

• Like 1

All joking aside, that's better than anything I've ever written.

Not claiming to be God's Gift to song-writing or anything, and I'm setting the bar pretty low, but if that's where AI is at in 2024 it'll be fascinating to see what another five years brings.

For context, 30 years ago the Internet basically didn't exist, 25 years ago most people had no idea what a "website" was, 20 years ago everyone at my firm had a Blackberry and made extensive use of email, and so on ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

:shok:

I fear for the future of music too, that is if that really is the future.

A mix of about 79% pure clichés and 21% pure cheese, complete with absolutely terrible mix and sound quality as well, where everything is mushed together. :facepalm:

Toe cringingly bad.

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

To be fair, you did ask😳

3 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I agree... It's got "Hit" written all over it🤘

• Haha 2