Why become a member? ×

Changing rooms

10 minutes ago, TimR said:

That's posh. I usually change my t-shirt in the men's toilets.

Yep, the gents’ khazi is more often than not my changing room de jour.

2 minutes ago, Dankology said:

Weird! We were there last week and had a completely different room - the green room in the adjacent theatre.

Yeah, we've had that one as well. I think it depends what's going on in the theatre.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dankology said:

Weird! We were there last week and had a completely different room - the green room in the adjacent theatre.

This was a house just down the road. Unhappily, the sofa wasn't the colour specified on our rider. 🙂

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Rayman said:

Show us yours…..

Here’s ours tonight….

IMG_7061.thumb.jpeg.9bbc7956b960b3688d33f36dc7a85b11.jpeg

Luxury. Any of you that ever played the Tunnels (RIP) in Bristol will well remember the changing cupboard, errm I mean room there.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Luxury. Any of you that ever played the Tunnels (RIP) in Bristol will well remember the changing cupboard, errm I mean room there.

Yes, if irc we had to take out the brushes to make room. 

Did the sound there once. Most god awful place to get a good mix further back than 10ft from the stage. Desk location sound had no relation to the dance floor. 

38 minutes ago, Rich said:

The Cavern in Exeter is like that. A sink and a single wooden chair. I get the feeling the chair replaced a toilet. Luxury! 

9 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Looks like a proper oldfangled station wagon Honda? No jappas like that here these days, it's all 'SUV' bollox.

2015/16 Honda Civic wagon or estate as we call them here. It was a nice little car. I have since graduated to a Volvo estate, the true classic "Dad car" but Volvo are also discontinuing them!

Anyways, it was impossible to get changed in the Civic so I got changed outdoors, full outfit. It was ok, there was nobody around... Until I was halfway through changing into my trousers!!

• Thanks 1

On 02/03/2024 at 19:38, Rayman said:

Like this?

IMG_7066.thumb.jpeg.d8398a308a0dc5fc9b7261decda0bf0c.jpeg

You've just reminded me of a wedding gig I played a few years ago where the venue set us up a table away from the main hall, 'for our comfort'. It was directly outside the toilets 🤮. At the start of the evening, it smelled like someone had gone crazy with the bleach blocks, the vapours actually made our eyes sore... in the first break, you could see all the p*ss seeping under the door and, by the time we'd finished, the smell of sick and excrement was so bad, we went and stood out in the torrential rain instead. What is it with men who simply can't aim? Seriously, how do they find it SO difficult? 🤢

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dood said:

What is it with men who simply can't aim? Seriously, how do they find it SO difficult? 🤢

I find it absolutely unbelievable. Just “point in the general direction” seems to be the norm….. AND, the number of men who don’t wash their hands afterwards is totally staggering. I’m in motorway services a lot, and it’s at least 50% of blokes don’t bother 🤮, THEN go and use the McDonald’s touch screens.

• Sad 1

On 03/03/2024 at 10:19, uk_lefty said:

A wedding gig years back in a previous band... 

Screenshot_20240303-101911.png

Yup. The car is usually my changing room. I’m a dab hand at putting in contact lenses using the wing mirrors.