Why become a member? ×

Stickers On Your Bass

stewblack

No pics unfortunately but I had a black .Hondo strat in the 90s that I covered with gold polkadot stickers then put various band stickers on top of those.

In my romantic memory it looked proper grunge, in my realistic memory I don't think I'd want to touch it with a barge pole if I saw it now.

Although, to contradict myself, I'd still rather have that guitar that I decorated in the trend of those times than a modern relic.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rayman said:

I don't like stickers personally, I'd rather see the damage. I remember a lot of teenagers in the 90s used to cover their Ibanez SRs in them. Not my bag.

With a load of duct tape holding the strap on.

On to the body I mean, not holding a... never mind.

• Haha 6

My main instrument of choice, my beloved, just 28.6" scale length, Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass, that I named "Dud Bottomfeeder", fitted with an EMG Geezer Butler P pickup, and tuned in A# standard, tenor bass, tuning :

image.thumb.png.2811801602ee104a8754bfab8368f1a0.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

For me it's akin fixing stickers on your car ... Just no! Then again, horses for courses, live and let live and all that.

I read once that Gail Ann Dorsey always secretes a picture of Marilyn Monroe underneath her scratchplates - now that does appeal to me.

4 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Is that a Warwick under there?

A Chinese Warwick in featureless high-gloss alder, with a big square maple décolletage at the neck joint.

Edited by nige1968

1 hour ago, nige1968 said:

A Chinese Warwick in featureless high-gloss alder, with a big square maple décolletage at the neck joint.

Yeah the value range Warwick's are still good basses but they don't have the visual appeal of the German made ones. Nice job with the stickers. Have you sealed it somehow to stop them peeling and scuffing?

4 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Yeah the value range Warwick's are still good basses but they don't have the visual appeal of the German made ones. Nice job with the stickers. Have you sealed it somehow to stop them peeling and scuffing?

Nah I’m going for the Road worn look. Also I couldn’t work out how.

59 minutes ago, nige1968 said:

Nah I’m going for the Road worn look. Also I couldn’t work out how.

It would be relatively simple, uninstall the neck and hardware and electronics on/in the body, then screw the neck pocket to a piece of wood and hang it freely somewhere from there, then spray a couple of clear coats all over the body, let it dry and install the neck, hardware and electronics back on the bass.

Not that you need it in this case, but might prove useful to know in the future.

• Thanks 1