Why become a member? ×

Most used phrases/questions/replies on BC

roger

1 hour ago, nekomatic said:

Help me understand ohms

Do you understand ohms? Then you should know that without some grounding in physics and mathematics it's a bit of a big deal.

I certainly didn't understand cabinet ohms nearly as well before forums. I probably read the answer to someone else's 'please explain', or I might have been giving a half arsed answer and got corrected.

I still don't understand how inductance of the coil plays into it. So have at it next time someone asks!

• Like 1

On 19/11/2023 at 09:31, roger said:

“I can’t believe this is still here”! 😄

Generally written by someone that happens to have the same gear and wants the price/demand to stay high for when they offload it! 

Edited by SumOne
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

There's loads of stuff I would happily buy but I wouldn't have a clue how to arrange my own courier to pick it up. 

Well it's just like booking a courier (as in Royal Mail, DPD or whoever) to collect something from you and deliver it to someone else, only you put them as the collection address and yours as the delivery! You do need to agree with the sender when the pickup will be, obviously, and you need to trust them to pack it up properly - and if they're prepared to do both those things one might wonder why they didn't offer to post it in the first place. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nekomatic said:

if they're prepared to do both those things one might wonder why they didn't offer to post it in the first place. 

The person who books the courier is the one who must go through their claims process if there are any issues with loss or damage.

8 minutes ago, nekomatic said:

Well it's just like booking a courier (as in Royal Mail, DPD or whoever) to collect something from you and deliver it to someone else, only you put them as the collection address and yours as the delivery! You do need to agree with the sender when the pickup will be, obviously, and you need to trust them to pack it up properly - and if they're prepared to do both those things one might wonder why they didn't offer to post it in the first place. 

Precisely!

If delivery is offered I'll have it. If not, I'm not interested. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

The person who books the courier is the one who must go through their claims process if there are any issues with loss or damage.

That's true, and it's why you need to trust them on the packing - I've been stung like that before when buying on eBay. 

48 minutes ago, tauzero said:

I don't use the notes below bottom E so I'm letting this 5-string go.

True, it is said a lot, but that's basically because that is the main reason to have/not have a 5, so I think is perfectly reasonable reason to sell a 5 (a bit unnecessary to mention when selling though I suppose). 

1 hour ago, jrixn1 said:

Exactly.  Personally, I am now of the opinion that I won't take the risk to send anything because couriers are too unreliable - there are pages and pages of horror stories on here.  If a buyer wants whatever I am selling they are welcome to organise it and then choose their level of insurance.  I don't see it as a problem.  I recently sold a batch of stuff, 3 items were when the buyer sorted out their own courier. 

• Like 2