Why become a member? ×

New Fender precision uke bass

Jean-Luc Pickguard

29 minutes ago, DGBass said:

Its an American Standard 😁 No lefty option though.

As if I needed a reason....

Seriously, they don't float my boat but I can see why they're attractive to people who like Ukes. I don't want to put a downer on this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Is there any point to the soundhole, the body doesn’t look thick enough to produce much of an acoustic sound and the scratch plate probably deadens it a bit more.

The soundhole makes it look funny.

Other than that, I'd like to see this guy playing one.

th.jpeg-1,330.jpg

On 14/07/2023 at 17:48, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

This looks cool

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/fender-fullerton-precision-bass-uke-wn-tspg-3-color-sunburst

200920-333731-Fender-Fullerton-Precision

If I didn't already have a very nice kala which I hardly get the chance to use I'd probably be tempted by one of these.

One for @Smanth if it had another string?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Is there any point to the soundhole, the body doesn’t look thick enough to produce much of an acoustic sound and the scratch plate probably deadens it a bit more.

Indeed, I would have preferred to have seen a solid body version, much like the Harley Benton ones (as below). Less feed-back woes etc.

image.thumb.png.fc3f3276f0ac90ec003f9917b7185f07.png

Edited by MuddBass

27 minutes ago, MuddBass said:

Indeed, I would have preferred to have seen a solid body version, much like the Harley Benton ones (as below). Less feed-back woes etc.

image.thumb.png.fc3f3276f0ac90ec003f9917b7185f07.png

I did the solid body uke thang. I really lost that air shifting thud. It was like a not very good Precision IMNSHO. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine arrived today. On first play it was quite buzzy, in need of a setup I suspect - quite fun though.

However, plugging it in it sounded a whole lot better. Warm, rich low end and a decent, even articulate mid/top. It seems whoever was demoing the bass above left the tone control rolled full up, which does lead to it sounding horrible and scratchy. Set at midday or less allows the Uke to sound a lot like a standard bass particularly with its round wound strings.

I’m warming to it slowly and hoping it’ll be more than just a novelty ‘mini’ bass. I shall test it out on a gig later this week and report back. I’m pretty sure my band mates will hate it! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1