Why become a member? ×

The New Music Thread

Mykesbass

OK, I was thinking about doing this recently, but now it is directly in response to @DTBand his request where to find new music. 

A couple of suggestions, not rules;

under 5 years old, where you first heard it, and an idea of genre would be good. 

PLEASE put the artist name in the post so the thread can be searched at a later date.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Valkyrien Allstars, an artfolkrockpopband from Oslo:
They started out as a folk / folkrock band, but quickly put in such diverse elements as surprise.
Surprise and .. er ...

This song from 2020 is called "Slutte og byne" despite what the band try to tell you. The title means "Finishing and starting" in English.
It starts out very soft, and then gains volume as the song continues.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

Oh, I hate you so much right now, Frank Blank!
This is gonna cost me money!
Luvverly.

Have a listen through their back catalogue though, their style has changed through the years. I'll post the rest of that session below, all tracks from their superb latest album Sketchy, best album of 2022 imho...

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shaken by Mafro, heard on Pete Tong's show. There's been a bit of a move into  this kind of heartfet and slightly mournful but danceable house music over the last few years (see also: Djum, Fred again, Joy Orbison). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cetera said:

Dawn Patrol - Bring On The Good Times album (2022) - Modern Yacht Rock. Groovy, feel-good music with hints of Steely Dan, Michael McDonald, Toto, Hall & Oates etc

I was just browsing for something to listen to for the drive up to my Dad’s this afternoon. It’s on iTunes, so I’ve downloaded it. Interestingly, they have it under ‘jazz’ in the genre description. Didn’t think that was your bag, but I’ll go with it 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I was just browsing for something to listen to for the drive up to my Dad’s this afternoon. It’s on iTunes, so I’ve downloaded it. Interestingly, they have it under ‘jazz’ in the genre description. Didn’t think that was your bag, but I’ll go with it 😎

I'm a lot deeper and more interesting than I'm given credit for.... I'm not just a balding old rocker you know! ;) 🤣

• Haha 2

Well, that was certainly a very difficult listen. No, I didn't stick around till the end (bailed at 10'30"...); it was better before the guitarist finally got his space-ship pedalboard to work. Free jazz..? Hmm... Not much 'jazz' in there. Infinite monkeys came to mind; maybe, by accident, a few decent seconds to be gleaned, but I've a life to lead, soooooo... I'm out. :|