Why become a member? ×

Let's Talk About Progressive Rock

Ricky 4000

Am I the only one amused by the fact that people are going out of their way to comment on a topic called "Let's Talk About Progressive Rock" specifically to tell us all that they don't want to talk about progressive rock? :lol:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Am I the only one amused by the fact that people are going out of their way to comment on a topic called "Let's Talk About Progressive Rock" specifically to tell us all that they don't want to talk about progressive rock? :lol:

Wait until Eurovision time comes, there'll be a very long queue of folks quite desperate for everyone to know just how long they haven't watched it for and how they have no interest in it, no interest at all, none.

I like a lot of prog rock, less interest in videos about prog rock, however, as prog rock is quite long enough on its own as it is and I have only so many years of my life left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Rib13Bass said:

I came in to post this and somebody beat me to it lol

Another entertaining video, Sir. 👏👏👏

For complete transparency - “Er, hello. I’m, er, Ezbass and I, er, like prog rock,” (shuffles away shamefacedly, whilst humming something in 7/4).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

For full disclosure..

Quite some while ago myself and a guitarist / singer decided to look for a drummer, we hired a rehearsal room and a drummer we'd arranged to try out arrived, set up etc.. Anyway we play him some of the stuff we'd devised, with the view to just having a bit of a jam with him and see how it went.. 

.. as soon as we introduced our material his eyes lit up.. "Ah.. Prog Rock!" he exclaimed... 😁

Anyway, I feel better having got that out in the open... 

• Haha 2

I'd additionally have to confess to having played the bass with an e-bow.... 

One "thing" we did, I hesitate to call it a song, involved me self making "interesting" low noises on the bass (rickenbacker of course) with the above little gizmo, whilst the singer recited a load of Aliester Crowley malarkey, from an olde leather covered book naturally... 

• Like 2