Why become a member? ×

Musicman Bongo Custom Headless 6
£2000
Chelmsford UK

PriZeMaN

I personally took on every aspect of this project so I know the alterations with every meticulous detail.

All plugs and the plinth/shelve is made from matching basswood to retain the overall resonance of the bass.

The bass is in really great condition.

Custom german made hardware by ETS (ACG Alan uses them on his basses).

I'm gonna let it run for a bit to see how much attention it gets but I want £2000 minimum.

I have priced it accordingly rather than get it painted to my personal taste and put another £500 on top and it isn't to the new owners taste. So you have a blank canvas to create your dream look ;)

Those of you who are familiar with the bongo know that it is a BEAST of a bass and if you're into metal of any type, I personally think it know looks mean instead of a droopy toilet seat.

Last 4 images are of the original bass to show the condition.

Brand new and unused D'Addario NY strings.

Feel free to come and check out this absolute weapon in CHELMSFORD, Essex.

Thanks for looking...PriZeMaN

b0n.jpg

bong.jpg

Bongo2.jpg

Bongo3.jpg

Bongo4.jpg

Bongo5.jpg

Bongo6.jpg

Bongo7.jpg

Bongo8.jpg

Bongo9.jpg

Bongo10.jpg

Bongo11.jpg

Bongo1.jpg

Bongo1a.jpg

Bongo2a.jpg

Bongo3a.jpg

Bongo4a.jpg

Edited by PriZeMaN
Incorrect String Brand, D'Addario not DR
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 19/12/2022 at 02:23, Kev said:

What made you do these modifications, and why are you now selling after all this work? 🙂

This bass is a powerhouse like no other except for maybe the Spector but it's only possible to do this modification with the trust rod adjuster at the base of the neck and this bass has that. I'm really a fan of the Bongo but I have never liked the looks so I thought to myself, let's do this. I play a 5 string fretless and I was about to play for a band that required a 6 string but it unfortunately has dissolved. To be honest I'm not fussed if the bass sells or not but I thought that if someones appreciated it as much as myself, that a new owner could make it shine in the spotlight as at the moment I only play my fretless ;)

• Like 1

On 19/12/2022 at 10:29, Rich said:

The problem here is that now I'm looking at a couple of my headed basses and thinking they'd look pretty good with a trip to the guillotine... not so much GAS as GBS :lol: 

As long as your truss rod adjuster is the wheel type at the base of the neck, you're golden...just get the saw out, cut off that head and there's no turning back 😜

45 minutes ago, PriZeMaN said:

As long as your truss rod adjuster is the wheel type at the base of the neck, you're golden...just get the saw out, cut off that head and there's no turning back 😜

It should work with a truss rod adjuster at the head end too - my Seis and Hohner all have the truss adjuster there. Just needs a hole in the headpiece to get to the adjuster.

• Like 1

Just a quick comment to say how much I like this. As suggested above, painted in black it would be magnificent.

Excellent work!

I saw it on facebook and pleased to see it here.

I too am only a fretless player these days, but if my musical situation changes and it's still around later next year I might be interested

• Thanks 1

On 19/12/2022 at 10:29, Rich said:

The problem here is that now I'm looking at a couple of my headed basses and thinking they'd look pretty good with a trip to the guillotine... not so much GAS as GBS :lol: 

I've been looking for a Westone Thunder 11 or 111 with a  broken headstock for just this reason. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

I've been looking for a Westone Thunder 11 or 111 with a  broken headstock for just this reason. 

Oo, now that's a cracking idea. It'd certainly cure the neck dive. Dammit, you're giving me idea now!

• Like 2

On 24/12/2022 at 17:45, Woodwind said:

well I'm back on this post again as it has truly inspired me.

My main new years project will be decapitation of my backup fretless 4 string, turning it into my main bass.

That's awesome, my 2 favourite features...fretless and headless :)

• Like 1