Why become a member? ×

Do you know how many basses etc you own

Ralf1e

Strange title I agree but at the weekend we got to the building and were getting ready to set up. One of the recent arrivals from Nigeria who is helping us said to me. "Bro Ralph how many basses do you have?" I am on my knees opening a case with a fretless+ fretted necked Westone spectrum LX in it. His eyes are popping out of his head because so far he has hardly seen me with the same bass twice. Everyone within earshot stopped in their tracks. After a bit of thought my answer was "I don't know" Massive amount of laughter from the gathered group who stopped to earwig.

I then told him I'll work it out and let you know"

Had a count up yesterday and sent him the result.

15 basses, 3 ubasses, and 4 electric six string guitars. (ducks the incoming artillery)

By the way we worked out today I have also given away eight guitars, two basses and six amps to friends or family

Now the question is How many of you without cheating know instantly exactly what you have or am I the only old fool around here?

Edited by Ralf1e

I get this question regularly, so I'm prepared these days :lol:. Still, I need to double-check sometimes because they're never in the same room together. Currently it's 11 electric basses, 1 fretless acoustic-electric bass, 5 electric guitars and 3 acoustic guitars. Oh, and a tenor uke :$

• Like 1

5 basses

Epiphone Les Paul (not so) Standard

Epiphone Jack Casady Signature 20th Anniversary

G&L CLF L-1000

G&L Tribute LB-100

Reverend Triad

1 amp

RedSub BT5110 1x10 combo with removable head

1 cab

BFM Omni 10

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I had to count up.  12, plus an EUB and an electroacoustic (but they don't count, do they)

12 is too many, I need to shed a few.

Threaten to mutilate them! Someone on here will buy them! 🤣🤣

Edited by Ralf1e

I get the same comments from the Hulla Band (part time band that just plays for fun and charity gigs). I like to give my basses an airing now and then. Every time I turn up with a different bass, I get the 'New bass?' comment.

I have 8 basses and two electric 6 strings. I did have to stop and think for a minute. 😀 

• Like 1

These days yes (5):

Gus G3 5-string passive (black)

Gus G3 5-string active (red)

Eastwood Hooky 6-string bass

Burns Baracuda

Squier Bass VI

Soon it will probably be four when I get around to selling the Squier and Burns and replacing them with a second Eastwood Hooky. I also have 4 guitars.

At one time (around 2014) I had almost 50 guitars and basses, as well as a number of synths, samplers and other high-tech musical instruments.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

These days yes (5):

Gus G3 5-string passive (black)

Gus G3 5-string active (red)

Eastwood Hooky 6-string bass

Burns Baracuda

Squier Bass VI

Soon it will probably be four when I get around to selling the Squier and Burns and replacing them with a second Eastwood Hooky. I also have 4 guitars.

At one time (around 2014) I had almost 50 guitars and basses, as well as a number of synths, samplers and other high-tech musical instruments.

Cool unusual collection.

Pics?

• Like 1

I have five. No, six. Maybe I have "one more".

FX, yes, another somewhat complicated thing: I bought a Harley Benton noise gate because it works like a swell (some know the old and very sought after Boss). Well, there was another in the closet waiting for a place in the pedalboard.

Edited by itu
  • Haha 3

I'm down to four drum kits, having sold a couple recently (one more is currently on offer...), plus the 'kit'n'a'half' I'm holding in store for a buddy. Basses..? Hmm... I'd have to think hard... I'd have a fairly safe guess at four, plus the baritone guitar. Speaking of which... Guitars..? No, that's too wearisome; I'd have to do the rounds of the cottage, climb stairs and poke around quite a lot. The answer would be exactly that, though : quite a lot. :$

(spare or separate snares and cymbals don't count, do they..? Please..? :/ )

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

I'm down to four drum kits, having sold a couple recently (one more is currently on offer...), plus the 'kit'n'a'half' I'm holding in store for a buddy. Basses..? Hmm... I'd have to think hard... I'd have a fairly safe guess at four, plus the baritone guitar. Speaking of which... Guitars..? No, that's too wearisome; I'd have to do the rounds of the cottage, climb stairs and poke around quite a lot. The answer would be exactly that, though : quite a lot. :$

(spare or separate snares and cymbals don't count, do they..? Please..? :/ )

Well you know. Cymbals and snares are where the money is👍

2 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

How many basses? I suppose I could find out, if I thought it important. 🤨

Ah but the question was Do you know. We don't have to know. I just thought it would make a fun post having been caught out myself.

• Like 2

I know what I've got, even though when I was totting them up in my head, I did forget about one two.

Interestingly, at one point I had so many Gibson Thunderbirds it was a little difficult to keep track of what I had; I had 10+ at one point.  All gone.  There'd be a gap in the rack and I wouldn't know whether one was missing or not.  

Edited by NancyJohnson
What was that you said?
  • Like 1

Easy (due to the small number compared to some), 5 basses, 2 acoustic guitars, 2 electric guitars. TBH, I could easily pare this down to 3, 2, 1 respectively, maybe even less. Despite this recognised need for less, this doesn’t stop me GASsing for various other stringed things.

• Like 1