Why become a member? Γ—

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 πŸ‘

Richard R

Well, feeling much better today so I did another Covid test, clear as a bell, so although just a tiny bit sniffly I am no longer infectious. I will still wait until Wednesday before resuming normal activities and (after a final test) will therefore will be attending the Bash, phew.

• Like 5

Hi,

I'd like to come please. I don't post much on BC any more, but was co-organiser of the first Midland Bashes some years ago. I may bring my Wood&Tronics Ergon 5 string and Glockenklang Blue Rock head/BF Super Twin cab.Β 

Also I know of at least one and maybe two others coming. One I can't remember his username but he says he's bringing someΒ gear. The possible is my guitarist mate who liked the sound of the day.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Roland Rock said:

Hi,

I'd like to come please. I don't post much on BC any more, but was co-organiser of the first Midland Bashes some years ago. I may bring my Wood&Tronics Ergon 5 string and Glockenklang Blue Rock head/BF Super Twin cab.Β 

Also I know of at least one and maybe two others coming. One I can't remember his username but he says he's bringing someΒ gear. The possible is my guitarist mate who liked the sound of the day.

I'll bung you and your gear on the list.

• Thanks 1

@Richard R: BrawleyΒ 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weighΒ basses with, cake, orange smarties, Westfield "Small Body" bass *FOR SALE*

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines: Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6, Grace Design Alix, QSC K12.2, Boss Waza-Air Bass.

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Darren: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass. Ashdown amp if there's space in the car.

@floFC: curiosity, Kramer Aluminium Neck

@Oldman: contemplating bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head.

@SimBass: Sandberg California II TM 5, Eminence Small bodied double bass, EBS Stanley Clarke Preamp pedal, GRBass One 800, Barefaced Super Compact, Barefaced One10

@Owen: 6 string 36" scale Overwater poss for sale. Shuker Uberhorn 5, Shuker/Firecreek hybrid 5, USA J 5 reliced and MTD Kingston 5. QSC 10", Warwick Hellborg pre, Fender TRB 1 pre and Sadowsky pre. Future Impact.

@GremlinAndy: Something interesting,Β 39.5" Shuker, Zon Hyperbass.

@Jabba_the_gut: 27” scale 5 string, a Status S3000 and a whatever else fits in the car…

@Roland Rock:Β Wood&TronicsΒ ErgonΒ 5 stringΒ and Glockenklang Blue Rock head/BF Super Twin cab

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard R said:

Β 

We'll try to convert him to the dark side. 😎

He can already play, don't worry. Grab that plectrum and play too many notes at the neck. Guitarists get secret lessons for this.Β 

Β 

Obv this is a gross generalisation and no reflection on Roland's friend.Β Β 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Roland Rock said:

Hi,

No need to ask - you'll be very welcome!Β  And your mates.Β  Looking forward to seeing the gear and y'all.

• Thanks 1

Evening All,

Β 

Hope your Monday was tolerable, only FIVE sleeps to the bashΒ :sun_bespectacled:

In advance of the event, some admin and the like.

Β 

Date:Β  Β Saturday 22 April 2023.

Time:Β  10:00 - 16:00Β  Β Not compulsory to arrive on time or stay to the end.

Location:Β Radford Care,Β Prospect Street, Radford, Nottingham, NG7 5QE,

Radford Website:Β Β https://www.radfordcaregroup.org.uk/prospect-street/

Google Maps@:Β Β Radford Care Group

Parking:Β  Β It looks like there are about 14 parking spaces, but as it's only us then we can block each other in if necessary.Β  There is parking opposite in the retail park, how restricted that is I have no idea. If we need that then load in and then move the car.

Β 

ENTRY

Entry Fee:Β  Β£10 on the door. Cash only, sorry folks.Β  We'll have a registerΒ  on the door of names so we can keep track. This is partly in case someone's 100kW valve amp overheats and we have to evacuate in the event of a fire,Β  partly because we all have our precious gear there, and partly so we know how much to give to charity at the end

Raffle:Β  Β£1 / ticket.Β  Bashes all work on the "If your ticket is called, pick a prize from the table", as it's just simpler.

Charity:Β  Any profits on the day to Nordorf Robbins Music Therapy. We've done this for the last couple of Midlands Bashes:Β Β Nordorf Robbins

Β 

Β 

CUNNING PLAN

Outline plan for the the day (timing and so on all subject to change, but it's always good to have a plan to start with)

10:00 - 12:30:Β  Rock up, set up, talk about basses, play basses, drink tea, etc etc.

12:30 - 13:00:Β  @Andyjr1515Β bass setup lesson for those interested, otherwise continue as above

13:00 - 13:45:Β  Lunch - AMPS OFF.Β  Β Β There are some nice rigs coming along, so we may have to watch the noise, but past experience is that it all works out OK - nobody needs to prove their manhood at a bass bash.Β  Β Amps Off for lunch is an idea I pinched from other bashes.

13:45 - 15:00: Talk about basses, play basses, drink tea, etc etc.

15:00 - 15:15:Β  Β Photo call and Raffle draw

15:15 onwards:Β  as you were with basses, tea, etc etc

16:00:Β  Everyone clear off, but help clearing up would be good.

Β 

THINGS TO REMEMBER NOT TO FORGET:

You.Β  (Anything else is secondary to be honest)

Sense of humour, curiosity, clean hands and good manners.Β  Which of course all bass players have anyway, but I thought I ought to mention them.

Extension leads.Β  Or Frank will be cross

Basses & amps.Β  Or we'll have to talk about kebabs all day.

If your amp has a headphone socket then headphones are a good thing to remember as well.

Β 

Β 

And that's it!

If there's anything I've missed then @petecarltonΒ or @Frank BlankΒ will undoubtedly point it out.

Β 

Β 

Look forward to seeing you all there on Saturday.

Β 

Rich

Β 

Β 

Β 

2022-08-08-15_43_40-Window.png.fe3773de639067f086dc25fe4a91331d.png

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Owen said:

I would suggest a "clothing without zips or metal buttons" clause in the post above. Some of what I will bring will not care about being gouged. Most will be deeply upset.

Β 

Bassbash ettiquette is to wear something like a decent t-shirt or sweatshirt hanging over your belt.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Owen said:

I would suggest a "clothing without zips or metal buttons" clause in the post above. Some of what I will bring will not care about being gouged. Most will be deeply upset.

Β 

I guess the gimp suit is off the cards then.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Richard R said:

Evening All,

Β 

Hope your Monday was tolerable, only FIVE sleeps to the bashΒ :sun_bespectacled:

In advance of the event, some admin and the like.

Β 

Date:Β  Β Saturday 22 April 2023.

Time:Β  10:00 - 16:00Β  Β Not compulsory to arrive on time or stay to the end.

Location:Β Radford Care,Β Prospect Street, Radford, Nottingham, NG7 5QE,

Radford Website:Β Β https://www.radfordcaregroup.org.uk/prospect-street/

Google Maps@:Β Β Radford Care Group

Parking:Β  Β It looks like there are about 14 parking spaces, but as it's only us then we can block each other in if necessary.Β  There is parking opposite in the retail park, how restricted that is I have no idea. If we need that then load in and then move the car.

Β 

ENTRY

Entry Fee:Β  Β£10 on the door. Cash only, sorry folks.Β  We'll have a registerΒ  on the door of names so we can keep track. This is partly in case someone's 100kW valve amp overheats and we have to evacuate in the event of a fire,Β  partly because we all have our precious gear there, and partly so we know how much to give to charity at the end

Raffle:Β  Β£1 / ticket.Β  Bashes all work on the "If your ticket is called, pick a prize from the table", as it's just simpler.

Charity:Β  Any profits on the day to Nordorf Robbins Music Therapy. We've done this for the last couple of Midlands Bashes:Β Β Nordorf Robbins

Β 

Β 

CUNNING PLAN

Outline plan for the the day (timing and so on all subject to change, but it's always good to have a plan to start with)

10:00 - 12:30:Β  Rock up, set up, talk about basses, play basses, drink tea, etc etc.

12:30 - 13:00:Β  @Andyjr1515Β bass setup lesson for those interested, otherwise continue as above

13:00 - 13:45:Β  Lunch - AMPS OFF.Β  Β Β There are some nice rigs coming along, so we may have to watch the noise, but past experience is that it all works out OK - nobody needs to prove their manhood at a bass bash.Β  Β Amps Off for lunch is an idea I pinched from other bashes.

13:45 - 15:00: Talk about basses, play basses, drink tea, etc etc.

15:00 - 15:15:Β  Β Photo call and Raffle draw

15:15 onwards:Β  as you were with basses, tea, etc etc

16:00:Β  Everyone clear off, but help clearing up would be good.

Β 

THINGS TO REMEMBER NOT TO FORGET:

You.Β  (Anything else is secondary to be honest)

Sense of humour, curiosity, clean hands and good manners.Β  Which of course all bass players have anyway, but I thought I ought to mention them.

Extension leads.Β  Or Frank will be cross

Basses & amps.Β  Or we'll have to talk about kebabs all day.

If your amp has a headphone socket then headphones are a good thing to remember as well.

Β 

Β 

And that's it!

If there's anything I've missed then @petecarltonΒ or @Frank BlankΒ will undoubtedly point it out.

Β 

Β 

Look forward to seeing you all there on Saturday.

Β 

Rich

Β 

Β 

Β 

2022-08-08-15_43_40-Window.png.fe3773de639067f086dc25fe4a91331d.png

This is quite brilliant, Richard - thanks.

Β 

We only have access from 9.30 am, so if you're arriving at 10, you (not just Richard!) may well be recruited for table/chair moving duties.

Β 

We'll have tea and coffee available - and maybe even cake - so please bring some small change too (that's an OG expression meaning "cash", for our younger viewers).

Β 

Let the Hunger Games begin! (that's an OG expression meaning "queue for cake" for our younger viewers).

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Owen said:

22 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Bassbash ettiquette is to wear something like a decent t-shirt or sweatshirt hanging over your belt.

Β 

21 hours ago, Machines said:

I guess the gimp suit is off the cards then.

Β 

Β 

All Valid points.Β  And please don't take the "clothes optional" notice on the Events thread literally!

clothes.thumb.png.ea9151b6e46d032acc6e0a0f3d23bc9c.png

Β 

Β 

I have a t-shirt that is also my avatar, based on this:Β https://xkcd.com/2038/

Β 

Β 

FOUR SLEEPS TO GO 😎

• Haha 1