Why become a member? ×

NBD, I've got Attitude.

Maude

Well this one was sudden and unexpected. 😄

A Yamaha Attitude Ltd 2 came up for sale four miles away for a very good price. While not particularly looking for one, I've always fancied trying one. My first 'proper' bass was a surf green Attitude Special (P pickup and woofer but single output and only basic P/Us) so I've always had a soft spot for them, and Yamaha in particular. 

The bass was in the original case with all the candy for £875 so it had to come home with me. The seller had the EBS Billy Sheehan drive pedal (purple one) and a Boss LS2 pedal, both boxed, along with power supply and patch leads which they threw in for an extra £75. 

Deal done!! 

It's a 2012 and has been well gigged, being her number one bass, but has been well looked after. It has one tiny chip on the lower horn and lots of faint swirl scratches all over, but no real digs. Hardware and frets are great and both front and back of neck are in fantastic condition, although the bridge seems to have a funny wear patch, but it might be grime that will polish off, there is plenty on DNA around the bridge area. 

It will be getting a proper clean and polish. The swirls should all polish out and I'll probably touch the chip in with 2k paint and flat and polish it so it's invisible. 

It's really nice to play but has a big, big neck, although it's a relatively shallow so doesn't feel too cumbersome. It does make other basses feel a bit toy like when you swap back though. 

The tone is immense, the P pickup is wired straight to the jack via a volume so is bright and punchy and you tame it by adding in some of the woofer. Well that's what I've been doing for the mo. The neck woofer is still very bright and articulate with the tone up but pumps out almost sub bass tones if wanted. Blended together they are just massive sounding and I'd imagine would cut through any mix. Never again will I roll my eyes at a Les Paul wielding guitarist with a Marshall stack, bring it on wimp!! 

Picture time!! 

Lots of nicks in the case unfortunately, but hey, that's what it's for. 

iVv0nc7.jpeg

SL2gqN3.jpeg

aXJMFCT.jpeg

K6HDSqT.jpeg

OJdFtZb.jpeg

The only chip. 

pgekN74.jpeg

The mark/grime. 

6SGVk15.jpeg

Swirls (hard to photograph). 

xrmi2x2.jpeg

QldfmqE.jpeg

Not too many headstock chips considering nearly ten years worth of gigging. 

hpQ1LWu.jpeg

P59Ku11.jpeg

Between frets 3 and 5, usually the most wear but barely anything at all. The front and rear of neck is mark free. 

hQ0m2Ia.jpeg

Even the pedals are virtually mark free. 

z9Hpoo8.jpeg

Time to give it a really good clean and polish now. 

Edited by Maude
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, Maude said:

Does anyone know why some of the 2s have a black neck pickup and others have white? 

Was it just a choice of cover or does it signify something else? 

Yeah I think matching the scratch plate case with the woofer is a classy touch. Still looks like a cracking bass. I do like a o to have a more substantial neck. 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Mine had a pearloid cover to match the scratchplate..

Another BCer has it now..

Yeah, most seem to have the pearloid cover. Perhaps mine has just been taken off. Although I've seen quite a few without. 

Edited by Maude

9 minutes ago, Waddycall said:

What’s the idea with the scalloped finger board?

To aid string bends on the high notes. 

Does it work? Don't be so daft. 

Does it look cool? Hell yeah!! 

😁

Jump to 1:50 in this clip. 

I not actually a fan of his music, but I am a fan of what he does. I love how enthusiastic and knowledgeable he is of these instruments and he seems really down earth. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Cool bass Maude, congrats 👍

You need one. It would be a reggae/dub monster. 

It's got such a huge, deep tone while still being clear and articulate. 

It's giving me dirty ideas of what to do with do with the Cruiser P I picked up earlier in the year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah, I’m a bit gutted that I don’t get on with the neck’s, that woofer is a beast 

I’ve had a Mk1 and a Mk3 and although the 1 neck is a little smaller it’s still massive compared to my Sandberg!

The Mk3 I had was also 12 lb so it had to go. Amazing sound though.

• Like 1