Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2022 - Sunday 9th October

scrumpymike

BASH COUNT-DOWN   -  *Call for raffle-prize donations!!    -   **Call for more info on who's bringing what!!

*I'll kick the raffle off with an A1 Fusion shaped/semi-rigid case. It's actually for solid-bodied guitar but was perfect for my ACG s-s headless Reiver.

**Also, a CALL FOR HELP! For various reasons I'm up against it time-wise this year, so could someone oblige by setting-up an alphabetical 'who's bringing what' table that includes what's already been posted and can be added to as more info comes in?

Thanks,

Mike

On 23/09/2022 at 12:23, scrumpymike said:

BASH COUNT-DOWN   -  *Call for raffle-prize donations!!    -   **Call for more info on who's bringing what!!

*I'll kick the raffle off with an A1 Fusion shaped/semi-rigid case. It's actually for solid-bodied guitar but was perfect for my ACG s-s headless Reiver.

Again  PLEASE PM ME   if you have something to donate to the raffle and I'll add it to the list.

LIST OF RAFFLE-PRIZE DONATIONS 

1. A1 Fusion shaped/semi-rigid case - donated by @scrumpymike
  2.  A 6 metre cable, using Neutrik Jacks and Sommer Retro Braided Cable - donated by @Chienmortbb 
  3.  Hardly used (never for vocals) Sonitronics STC-80 Cardioid Dynamic Mic with Stand Clip - donated by @Andyjr1515
  4.  Gig bags including Roqsolid zipped case, a picture of the Beatles on old photopaper, loads of Q CD's. - donated by @yorks5stringer
  5. A set of strings and a selection of Cadburys chocolate donated by @Richard R
  6. A clip-on tuner donated by @wrinkleygit
  7. Mighty Bass Tru pass thro tuner, Ammon sub & up octaver donated by @JohnDaBass

8. Tech21 BassCompactor compressor donated by @TheRev

9. A folding bass stand and maybe a cymbal stand donated by @Pea Turgh

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, 

Please accept my groveling apologies but 

I'm not going to be able to make it this year. Firstly I my Yorkshire based brother is visiting that weekend and secondly the urgency to make something of the Scavenger brand has been somewhat diminished.

A Dorset based guitar company made me an offer I couldn't refuse, in part because of a networking opportunity provided by a previous bass bash. So I'm now working there full time and Scavenger is now a hobby/retirement fund.

I'm still going to be making a few things, there will be a couple of build diaries coming up soon ,I may still have something for sale every now and then.

With you in spirit if not in person, maybe next year.

Dom

Edited by Dom in Dorset
The dog ate my homework.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Good news that you're working full time, sad that you're not at the bash. I was really looking forward to seeing some of your basses in the wood.

Will you still be taking occasional commissions? It's a while till my next significant birthday, but I keep thinking about a 5 string version of that thinline...

10 minutes ago, Richard R said:

Good news that you're working full time, sad that you're not at the bash. I was really looking forward to seeing some of your basses in the wood.

Will you still be taking occasional commissions? It's a while till my next significant birthday, but I keep thinking about a 5 string version of that thinline..

Still talking commissions and you're welcome to come down and try some basses, drop me a line when you're ready.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

You retiring or having a re-GAS Mike?

Ha-ha! Despite retiring 10 years ago, nowadays busier than ever - this time doing what pleases me 🙂 but for no pay 🤔

Despite the above, still managing to get re-GASSED at regular intervals!

42 minutes ago, sprocketflup said:

Can we see it before you do? :)

I'd like to make it this year, having missed it oodles of times in a row, if I do I'll be bringing an NS EUB , a 5 string fretless Sei, and anything else I can find that's vaguely interesting

Let me know when you are certain and I'll bung you on the list Sir.

2 hours ago, Dom in Dorset said:

Hi all, 

Please accept my groveling apologies but 

I'm not going to be able to make it this year. Firstly I my Yorkshire based brother is visiting that weekend and secondly the urgency to make something of the Scavenger brand has been seriously diminished.

A Dorset based guitar company made me an offer I couldn't refuse, in part because of a networking opportunity provided by a previous bass bash. So I'm now working there full time and Scavenger is now a hobby/retirement fund.

I'm still going to be making a few things, there will be a couple of build diaries coming up soon ,I may still have something for sale every now and then.

With you in spirit if not in person, maybe next year.

Dom

Working on the Crimson Chowny's perchance?

• Like 1

A few things:

On 23/09/2022 at 13:19, Frank Blank said:

@Chienmortbb - Sire Marcus Miller M2

Bugger. Would have been interesting to do an A/B with my V7 to see just how different they are. 

Really wish I was coming. :( 

2:

On 23/09/2022 at 18:58, sprocketflup said:

I'll be bringing an NS EUB , a 5 string fretless Sei

Also bugger. I'd have loved to have seen either of them, especially the EUB.

3:

On 23/09/2022 at 20:48, yorks5stringer said:

Working on the Crimson Chowny's perchance?

I had a nasty bout of Crimson Chowny's last year. Luckily it cleared up with a course of antibiotics. Certainly won't be going to that bar again.

4:

Really, really wish I was coming to the Bash. Have a great time y'all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1