Why become a member? Ɨ

Big Thumbs Up to Guitar Guitar

pqs

Just thought I would put a thanks on here to Guitar Guitar. My wife ordered me a Fender Mustang PJ at around 11;00 on Sunday morning, and it was delivered around 12:30 on MondayĀ šŸ˜€. by DPD who sent a text message to say it would be arriving in an hour. Great customer service. Sorry no picture as it's a birthday present and I'm not allowed it yet.

• Like 5

Yes, Iā€™ve had a similar experience. The bass turned out to have some issues so they collected it and I chose a replacement, which was again received next day with an accurate 1hr slot fromĀ DPD. Their website is slick and user friendly too - and the staff Iā€™ve spoken to on the phone are interested and helpfulĀ (quite unlike a lot of MI retail in the past!)

• Like 1

Paul in the bass department in the Glasgow store is a nice guy, always telling you to try a bass out. In the hope of a sale of course! That was back in the day when you could actually go into a shop and buy something. Madness I know but thats what happened back in the "good olde days"Ā B|

I have bought loads off them over the years and it has been mostly good. And DPD are cool.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I second (or third? Forth??) the praise for GG. I sold them an Overwater 7 and they gave me a very fair price, I also bought a Mesa Boogie Strategy Eight:88 and two Mesa Powerhouse cabs from them, one had damage, there was a bit of faffery, but they came through in the end. Also bought a load of other bits and pieces from them, always very prompt delivery and their customer service is pretty spot on too. Can't really complain to be honest!

Bought my Les Paul from them. The guy answered questions through their online chat thingy and I even managed to wangle a free pack of bass strings. Sadly the stringsĀ were not long enough but there you go, not their fault.Ā It arrived next day in its case and put inĀ a big strong shipping box. DPD have the best tracking system and reliability.Ā Ā 

+1 from me

Dealt with a 14 day return for a pedal that didn't hit the mark for meĀ promptly and with quick replies to email.

Thomann were even better on returns (if I remember correctly) as they also cover the cost of returns, whereas GG don't (which actually is fair enough).

Will certainly be using them again and hopefully holding onto the piece of kit I buy from them next time!Ā 

Edited by Al Krow

On 28/01/2021 at 10:04, christhammer666 said:

dpd seem to be the only decent courier around imo. The driver we have in our area goes above and beyond and is quite jolly

My last dpd delivery gave me a one hour time slot and arrived 10 minutes into it

UPS please note. (knocks once, leaves card, drive off)

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 18:45, mr4stringz said:

Iā€™m not generally a fan of the larger stores and chains but I must say Iā€™ve been most impressed with GGā€™s service both online and in store.Ā 

Likewise, but GG give such great service and, in store, they seem to manage to deliver that small independent feel that you get from on off stores. They genuinely seem to care and are happy to see you. Well, at least this is my experience in the Epsom store (although online theyā€™ve been top notch too). Now that Iā€™ve moved north, I think my nearest store is Edinburgh; Iā€™m hoping for a similar experience when weā€™re allowed to visit shops again.

• Like 1

I kept my brother company when he was guitar shopping in Birmingham (Remember shopping in person?) and went to PMT, then Guitar Guitar. At PMT the staff I spoke to didn't seem particularly keen to help, and after wandering into the synth area, found one employee on video call with his girlfriend - Just turned to me and said "Hi" and went back to his conversation.

GG on the other hand couldnt have been more helpful, were happy for us to try anything we wanted - despiteĀ having to clean them down between customers, and were pleasantly chatty without hovering.Ā 

4 minutes ago, csmallett said:

Ā 

GG on the other hand couldnt have been more helpful, were happy for us to try anything we wanted - despiteĀ having to clean them down between customers, and were pleasantly chatty without hovering.Ā 

This is exactly my experience. Nothing is too much trouble it seems, even when youā€™ve been totally honest and asked to try something just for fun/interestā€™s sake. I guess they figure that thereā€™s always a small chance you might buy it and a small chance is better than no chance.

34 minutes ago, csmallett said:

I kept my brother company when he was guitar shopping in Birmingham (Remember shopping in person?) and went to PMT, then Guitar Guitar. At PMT the staff I spoke to didn't seem particularly keen to help, and after wandering into the synth area, found one employee on video call with his girlfriend - Just turned to me and said "Hi" and went back to his conversation.

Yep, Iā€™m Birmingham based and thisĀ has pretty much been my experience with both stores.Ā GG knocks spots off PMT in every way for me.

On 27/01/2021 at 19:32, AndyTravis said:

Bought my Sadowsky and Casady from them. Lovely.

Same, my old Sadowsky came from them and they were great in store. Tweaking setups as I asked and generally making me feel better about spending Ā£2k on a bass šŸ˜‚

my Mini P bass came today from GG too, same experience as the OP. Ordered yesterday about 1pm, then it arrived (460 mile trip)Ā 24h later. DPD are good too, maybe the best app of any courier and my 2 local drivers at least are cool guys.Ā 

Edited by M@23

Sorry to be the dissenting voice - but I have done a trade in with GG and they were really mean about the valueĀ - particularly given the trade in was bought from them about a year prior. Not had any issues about their product's quality tho - and customer attention is exemplary.

Actually I'm kind of surprised they do trades given the amount of new stock they hold. I guess it's a tough one - depends what you wanted to buy, how much margin they have in that, and what they think they could sell yours for. I've only traded one bass in the last few years and Bass Direct offered me more than I had it up on for sale at (and that was before it was reduced twice and then withdrawn!) - but maybe the stock more high end goods so can command a higher price?Ā 

40 minutes ago, TJ1 said:

Sorry to be the dissenting voice - but I have done a trade in with GG and they were really mean about the valueĀ - particularly given the trade in was bought from them about a year prior. Not had any issues about their product's quality tho - and customer attention is exemplary.

Oh, their trade in values are risible, although they are pretty much in line with everyone else it seems. Commission sales are the way to go if you don't want to sell privately, but I'm not sure if GG offer this at all;Ā I use The Gallery for this (or at least used to, it's a bit of a schlepp now I've moved house).

So I'm a Yank and I can go 5 miles to an open Guitar Center. Sucks, doesn't it? I can go try out an ampĀ Ā They also short-changed me for a trade on a Pedulla 5-string for a JBLEON 515 that I hate to this day. I now have two EONS because I thought it would soundĀ  good w/ the Stick. But. etc.,etc.,etc., . Just being a jerk...wah wah wah ignore me please

38 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Oh, their trade in values are risible, although they are pretty much in line with everyone else it seems. Commission sales are the way to go if you don't want to sell privately, but I'm not sure if GG offer this at all;Ā I use The Gallery for this (or at least used to, it's a bit of a schlepp now I've moved house).

True. I went to trade in a bass a few years back and Paul was honest in saying that he would only give me half the value that they would sell it for. He advised me to sell it on Facebook or similar.

Still it wasn`t as bad as Victor Morris (the Glasgow punters will know them well!) who offered me Ā£30 for an almost brand new Squire P bass yonks ago.

The only shop I know where you could buy a guitar and a crossbow at the same place!

Anecdotally - I once bought a white Squier Strat for Ā£60 from cash converters to use as a prop for a Wayne's World fancy dress set up I was going for. 2 weeks later I sold that same strat back to the same cash converters, to the same person who sold it to me, for Ā£70. I didn't even need to try and negotiate up!Ā 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

What commission do the Gallery charge out of interest?Ā 

Another +1 for GG

I ordered my PF115LF cab from them and it was excellent price and serviceĀ 

Iā€™ve found that some of the other big online names often the new products arrive best described as B stockĀ 

I know itā€™s tough as stores get so many returns these days even more so as we canā€™t visit the storesĀ