Why become a member? ×

Check out My bands Photoshoot!

CHRISDABASS

[quote name='fumps' post='431576' date='Mar 11 2009, 03:17 PM']Like you say, big differance from a load of people trying (And usually failing to look not interested) against some urban direpaired wall somewhere.

You have made an effort .

I like them.[/quote]

I agree with this man. Your band has a fine set of jubblies.

S.P.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='431571' date='Mar 11 2009, 03:10 PM']99% of bands just stand against a brick wall wearing hoodies so at least we made a bit of effort![/quote]

+1

I think the photo is fine and show more thought than most bands put in.

It's easy to criticise the details as having been done before, etc., but so what? As long as the photos fit with the bands image that's all that matters.

[quote name='fumps' post='431576' date='Mar 11 2009, 03:17 PM']Hey man well i really like them.

Like you say, big differance from a load of people trying (And usually failing to look not interested) against some urban direpaired wall somewhere.

You have made an effort .

I like them.[/quote]

Thank you mate!

:)

We all got fed up of looking at photo's of bands trying to look hard! its depressing! haha

if any of the previous negative posters have photo's of their bands then get em posted on here and show me how it should be done!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by CHRISDABASS

[quote name='Raggy' post='431586' date='Mar 11 2009, 03:26 PM']Great pictures Chris.

Your singers got a fantastic pair of boobs as well :)[/quote]

HAHAHA say it as you see it, don't beat about the bush now will you :rolleyes::)

Personally, I think its very hard to come up with an original photo of a band these days. I liked the shot of the instruments on there own. That would make a great back cover of an album but very much like The Jam did.

[i]ALERT *** non-tits related comment ***[/i]

I think its looks fresh, bright and striking (in a black / white prime colours way) and very professional. The band's look is sort of a mix between the Hives and Muse Hullabaloo era... imho

As others have covered off embonpoint, oscular inflation etc, I think it looks about 85% better than most semi-pro band shots. For a first time, unpaid effort, it looks good.

Skinny ties imply 70's power pop, drummer reminds me of Buckler. And I like the thing with the playing cards. Not so sure about the girly's 'uptown' look. Maybe try her in a slutty punkette stylee.

Edited by skankdelvar

That's about 100x better than most band's first photos. At least you all look like you're in the same band and the blokes are all fairly photogenic which makes a change. The first shot is by far the best and says everything - provided that you actually act like that on stage, and if you don't start practising so you can, right now! Loose the others they just sell you short.

see I was intreagued and went and had a look at your myspace.
the music's nae bad.

The wee profile pics down the side of your page are great.
The ones youve stuck here I dont like as much.
The wee ones show you in your gear playing live, it looks natural and fun.
The big one manages to bleach out all the colour of your singer. Compare her in red on a dk background to white on white.
Also where you have tried to get away from a live shot it just seems like a live shot on a white background. Whats the concept.
The cards and jigsaw pieces look odd, my guess is that at least some of them are photoshoped in.

Also were they 2 separate photos stitched together? My guess is if the singer is standing where shes supposed to be you are a floating giant with an amp levitating a foot off the floor.... I may be wrong here though

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='431571' date='Mar 11 2009, 03:10 PM']99% of bands just stand against a brick wall wearing hoodies so at least we made a bit of effort![/quote]

Guilty as charged!!

Nice work though mate. Some people are critquing it as if it's a professional shoot, which is fair enough as it's the standard you want to aim for, but for your first photos together that's a really good result. I'm sure anyone here who's done it knows how awkward and unnatural it can feel posing for a camera, so you guys have come off really well there. It's already been said, but hopefully the fact you've shown a bit of imagination will set you apart from the textbook moody rock band look we know all too well! I like it!

*insert generic boobs comment here*

:)

Glorious effort for first timers, and would put many semi pro's to shame. Nice quality photos as well.

I do have to ask though, the clothing choices for the instrumentalists and the singer? The band really look like a backing band as the singer doens't really have a tie in at all to the rest of you.

She looks rather classy, and very '30s with the dress and the mic stand, however as others have mentioned, you lot do look like cut and paste indie kids. Not that there's a problem with that look per se, but it does leave me wondering just exactly what sort of music you play. Is it rock, indie etc.. if you go off the band, or is it more jazzy and lounge music with a foray into vintage pop going via the singer?

Oh, and +1 for the moisturiser on the hands mate :)

Edit: Nearly forgot: Lovely singer!

Edited by Buzz