Jump to content
Left leaderboard
dmdavies

Pizza Express Soho

Recommended Posts

There is a house MarkBass CMD 121H - and about three drum kits, a PA, a grand piano.  So just walk in with your instrument (through the restaurant - the club is down the stairs at the back).

Also, parking really isn't great in Soho so try to avoid doing driving there.

Edited by jrixn1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do drive try Soho Square , there's a fair few pay by phone bays that are free after  6 30 , if there's nothing there go north of Oxford Street around Berners place , parking round there is not quite as bad as you might think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, steantval said:

They as a company are in financial difficulty, possibly about to go under.

Yup, I heard they'd run out of dough.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always associate Pizza Express with live music. So my first reaction to their financial difficulties was “another reduction in live music venues” rather than mourning the nosh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2019 at 09:39, Delberthot said:

There's a clause in the contract that says you have to play Margarita Time

And Vivaldi ‘s Four Seasons... or was it Four Cheeses...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just on the subject of Pizza Express, when was the last time anyone actually ate at one?  I haven't been for maybe ten years, perhaps longer, and found it underwhelming to say the least.  (I've eaten more pizza in Italy in that time.)

Whether or not one considers Papa Johns or Dominos to be the real deal or not, they deliver, it's tasty and not too expensive if you can hit them with an, 'Are there any deals on tonight?' when you phone up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Just on the subject of Pizza Express, when was the last time anyone actually ate at one?  I haven't been for maybe ten years, perhaps longer, and found it underwhelming to say the least.  (I've eaten more pizza in Italy in that time.)

Whether or not one considers Papa Johns or Dominos to be the real deal or not, they deliver, it's tasty and not too expensive if you can hit them with an, 'Are there any deals on tonight?' when you phone up.

We eat at our local PE a lot.  You can exchange your Tesco Clubcard vouchers for payment for the meal, so regularly eat a £60+ meal for the price of drinks only.

I think this constant allowance of vouchers and discount deals is reportedly what is making their business fail.  Not sure I'd be happy spending the full price for a pizza meal, but there you go.

Coincidentally, I was asked to dep in the Soho one later this month by my old band but wasn't available.  It is their first time playing there, so can't comment on what it's like, but as others have said, parking nearby is a nightmare/impossible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Just on the subject of Pizza Express, when was the last time anyone actually ate at one?  I haven't been for maybe ten years, perhaps longer, and found it underwhelming to say the least.  (I've eaten more pizza in Italy in that time.)

Whether or not one considers Papa Johns or Dominos to be the real deal or not, they deliver, it's tasty and not too expensive if you can hit them with an, 'Are there any deals on tonight?' when you phone up.

Within the last few years, it was ok. They do deliver as far as I know. 

Still, hard for anyone with a high street presence to make money these days, quite sad really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2019 at 02:37, jrixn1 said:

There is a house MarkBass CMD 121H - and about three drum kits, a PA, a grand piano.  So just walk in with your instrument (through the restaurant - the club is down the stairs at the back).

Also, parking really isn't great in Soho so try to avoid doing driving there.

That's great! I use markbass stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Just on the subject of Pizza Express, when was the last time anyone actually ate at one?  I haven't been for maybe ten years, perhaps longer, and found it underwhelming to say the least.  (I've eaten more pizza in Italy in that time.)

Whether or not one considers Papa Johns or Dominos to be the real deal or not, they deliver, it's tasty and not too expensive if you can hit them with an, 'Are there any deals on tonight?' when you phone up.

I have eaten at our local PEs a few times this year. Always use 2 for 1 on mains: we have 2 kids that eat adult meals and a toddler that nibbles so we can’t afford to eat full price.

Better local pizza than Domino’s (although they are nice) and Papa Johns is a chain I will not frequent due to their owner’s vile morals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

I have eaten at our local PEs a few times this year. Always use 2 for 1 on mains: we have 2 kids that eat adult meals and a toddler that nibbles so we can’t afford to eat full price.

Better local pizza than Domino’s (although they are nice) and Papa Johns is a chain I will not frequent due to their owner’s vile morals.

John Schnatter has gone from Papa Johns, hasn't he?  You can now enjoy a guilt free Mexican or All The Meats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

John Schnatter has gone from Papa Johns, hasn't he?  You can now enjoy a guilt free Mexican or All The Meats.

He’s not on the board now but remains the largest shareholder. His racist, misogynistic, penny-pinching taint remains.
 

Pizza Express is nice but service is never quick and unless you use a voucher is too pricey for what is trying to be an accessible treat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...