Why become a member? ×

Can I say ARSE on here?

tombboy

[quote name='ezbass' post='354383' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:28 PM']It appears that you can say arse.

I have that dummies book and I think it's really good, something for all bass players regardless of level. I really must start on the reading music section (he said for the umpteenth time).[/quote]

I have it too...haven't started it yet though, my playing can testify to that... i'm still trying to get through Reading for Dummies, but i find myself in a bit of a Catch 22 situation.

[quote name='tombboy' post='354378' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:25 PM']Went to my work's Christmas do last night (I'm the boss) and look what they bought me in the secret santa!!!!

Anyone got any fishing gear for sale? :) :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

That's not a dummy, is it? Surely the weight of the bass would cause it to tip over?

[quote name='ezbass' post='354383' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:28 PM']It appears that you can say arse.

I have that dummies book and I think it's really good, something for all bass players regardless of level. I really must start on the reading music section (he said for the umpteenth time).[/quote]

I have it from the library, and want my own copy.

Well, I'm very surprised to hear that, father. I didn't think you'd like that sort of thing. I read a bit of one of them once. God, I couldn't finish it. The language, unbelievable! Ah, it's a bit much for me, father. "Feck" this and "feck" that. "You big bastard". Oh, dreadful language! "You big hairy arse", "You big fecker". Fierce stuff! And of course, the f-word, father, the bad f-word, worse than "feck" - you know the one I mean. "Eff you". "Eff your 'effin' wife". Oh, I don't know why they have to use language like that. "I'll stick this 'effin' pitchfork up your hole", oh, that was another one, oh, yes! "Bastard" this and "bastard" that, you can't move for the bastards in her novels! It's wall-to-wall bastards! "You bastard!" You fecker!" "You bollocks!" "Get your bollocks out of my face!" It was terrible.

[quote name='tombboy' post='354378' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:25 PM']Went to my work's Christmas do last night (I'm the boss) and look what they bought me in the secret santa!!!!

Anyone got any fishing gear for sale? :) :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Ha ha, i've got loads of those dummies books, including Tolkein's middle earth for dummies, weather(!) for dummies, Autocad for dummies & another that i can't seem to find.
I did a quick search for other books in the range on t'interweb and found lifecoaching for dummies, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies & lean for dummies!
What the hell is that?!

[quote name='bluesparky' post='354911' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:59 AM']Ha ha, i've got loads of those dummies books, including Tolkein's middle earth for dummies, weather(!) for dummies, Autocad for dummies & another that i can't seem to find.....[/quote]

That'll be Basic Searching for Things for Dummies then :huh: If you ever find it, it's worth a re-read :)

[quote name='R,5,R,5...' post='354878' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:19 AM']Well, I'm very surprised to hear that, father. I didn't think you'd like that sort of thing. I read a bit of one of them once. God, I couldn't finish it. The language, unbelievable! Ah, it's a bit much for me, father. "Feck" this and "feck" that. "You big bastard". Oh, dreadful language! "You big hairy arse", "You big fecker". Fierce stuff! And of course, the f-word, father, the bad f-word, worse than "feck" - you know the one I mean. "Eff you". "Eff your 'effin' wife". Oh, I don't know why they have to use language like that. "I'll stick this 'effin' pitchfork up your hole", oh, that was another one, oh, yes! "Bastard" this and "bastard" that, you can't move for the bastards in her novels! It's wall-to-wall bastards! "You bastard!" You fecker!" "You bollocks!" "Get your bollocks out of my face!" It was terrible.[/quote]
"'Ride me sideways' was another one..."
Ah, Ted... comic genius :)

[quote name='bluesparky' post='354911' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:59 AM']Ha ha, i've got loads of those dummies books, including Tolkein's middle earth for dummies, weather(!) for dummies, Autocad for dummies & another that i can't seem to find.
I did a quick search for other books in the range on t'interweb and found lifecoaching for dummies, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies & lean for dummies!
What the hell is that?![/quote]

Pretty sure you can get Sex for Dummies too.

Edit, yes you [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sex-Dummies-Ruth-Dr-Westheimer/dp/047004523X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229343643&sr=1-1"]can![/url]

Edited by Galilee