Jump to content
ubit

Have you ever ever seen such a niche product?

Recommended Posts

Yep.. For someone who's able to transport a 6x10 or 8x10 to gigs probably is able to also transport a stand without a problem! 

 

Although, I've always had the idea of having a rotatable bit added to small combos or cabs which would allow the neck to be rested up against it without risk of it sliding away. As in, the bass sits on the floor leaning against the amp, but this just provides a groove for the neck to sit in. When not in use it can be spun round so it sits flush against the top of the cab or bass. 

 

I'm sure that's a real thing, but if not, someone should make it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elfrasho said:

 I've always had the idea of having a rotatable bit added to small combos or cabs which would allow the neck to be rested up against it without risk of it sliding away. As in, the bass sits on the floor leaning against the amp, but this just provides a groove for the neck to sit in. When not in use it can be spun round so it sits flush against the top of the cab or bass. 

 

I'm sure that's a real thing, but if not, someone should make it! 

I've seen a silicon neck rest that sits on any flat surface and keeps the neck upright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ubit said:

This seems a great idea but can only be of use to players who own an 8 x 10 fridge!

To be fair, the website does say in massive letters:

Basshanger is made to hang your bass or guitar from the front of your 8x10 or 6x10 that's 16"deep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

To be fair, the website does say in massive letters:

Basshanger is made to hang your bass or guitar from the front of your 8x10 or 6x10 that's 16"deep

My point exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elfrasho said:

Although, I've always had the idea of having a rotatable bit added to small combos or cabs which would allow the neck to be rested up against it without risk of it sliding away. As in, the bass sits on the floor leaning against the amp, but this just provides a groove for the neck to sit in. When not in use it can be spun round so it sits flush against the top of the cab or bass. 

Not quite what you're looking for, but I've got a couple of these which I use on my cab and desk. Not perfect, but they do the job. 

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Planet-Waves-Guitar-Rest/R3M?origin=product-ads&campaign=PLA+Shop+-+GENERIC&adgroup=GENERIC&medium=vertical_search&network=google&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=35122d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=127206560719&gclid=CjwKCAjwqfDlBRBDEiwAigXUaDFqb5mE5ueOY42IrqYQEw5e1Y-oklPFQ9UAF7Cv8hOse39uTTdgXhoC_csQAvD_BwE

 

preview.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one of these, crazy right....?

 

C9FC3A1B-1C1E-4BCC-A974-726828387502.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StevieE said:

Yep, very similiar to that. similiar level of support but mines would be a lot more flush to the connecting surface, so that when it isn't needed it can be twisted inwards to be unobtrusive. It would need to be retro fitted and i would imagine a very thin metal base plate would need to be attached to the cab, so not sure how many id sell... and to be honest, it would probably give little support. Not sure Id even buy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tie my (bass's) neck to the strap on the side of the amp. Secure, quick and zero cost (assuming you own some string or velcro)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, steantval said:

You can also hang your goolies off it when you have lifted one of those cabinets a few times 🥴

That's what roadies are for surely?

 

(lifting cabs, that is, not sorting out your goolies - though if that's what floats your boat, then why not?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear. Yes something like that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joeystrange said:

This a niche product because... Only a handful of people own 8x10 cabs?

I apologise then. I mistakenly thought that not everyone had an Ampeg 8 x 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from its limited appeal, it's an accident waiting to happen should someone brush against or walk into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Apart from its limited appeal, it's an accident waiting to happen should someone brush against or walk into it. 

Which is true for ALL stands and hangers.

 

4 hours ago, ubit said:

I apologise then. I mistakenly thought that not everyone had an Ampeg 8 x 10

Not everyone drives a car so we don't need parking spaces?

The market for such an item doesn't have to be huge. Many backlines for pop/ will feature a 810/610 or maybe even a 412.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bolo said:

Which is true for ALL stands and hangers.

 

 

The market for such an item doesn't have to be huge. 

 

Basshanger.com must be rich guys just having a little flutter on the side then ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:33, Bolo said:

Which is true for ALL stands and hangers.

Which is why I don't use them. It goes in the case when I'm not playing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Davo-London said:

With the widespread use of IEMs aren't 8 x 10" rather last season?

Peace

Davo

 

 

Some people need their stage furniture...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...