Why become a member? ×

Is your bass collection worth more than your car?

birdy

This one might be a bit too close to call:

CAR: 1991 Nissan Micra - v.tatty - approx 113,000 miles - cost me approx £3900 about 11 years ago
BASSES: 2 * Peavey Milestone III (total s/h purchase costs including gigbags - £100 for the pair)

The car MIGHT just edge it, but I'm really not sure.

I'm not sure this is fair on the cars..... They loose about 50% in thier first year so even if you had a REALLY nice car by the time its 3 yrs old its worth about 30% of its original cost......

Basses just dont loose value like that, and even now in the grips of a recession they are still changing hands for sensible money OR we folks are hanging on to them and they will be worth the same out the other side......

Me....? yep basses are worth more than my car but not my guns or bike. Next year my car will be worth less than a tube of hemorrhoid cream thanks to the governments tax idiology..... so good job I looked after it and like it, as it looks like I'll be keeping it for another 5yrs.

:)

Yep, i think each of my Status Basses are each worth more than my 15 year old Mazda MX6 & I got a Wal so that must be worth more than the car.

The Mazda has 73k miles on it , i have had it for 11 years , runs well, no reason to change it , i probably drive less than 4k a year now

9 month old Golf R32, so no......

much as I like basses, and would happily spend more and build up a collection I can't see them being worth more than my car. Like someone else said, there are 2 things I think it's worth spending money on as a "passion". Cars and Basses. Unfortunately a nice car costs more than a nice bass so the balance will probably always be on the car side.

Basses are probably the 2nd most valuable asset though (house excluded). worth more than PCs, cameras etc

[quote name='Shaggy' post='312738' date='Oct 23 2008, 09:08 AM']........you can't snog in the back of a bass.[/quote]

mmm, can only just about in the back of a mini!

nope, car (mini cooper s) worth more than bass collection. for now.

(robot dog collection still worth more than car and bass collection combined though! must sell robots and buy more basses...)

x

Edited by mewsie

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='311072' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:53 AM']When it was new two and a half years ago, my car definitely had the edge. Now it has 130,000 miles on it I think the basses have the edge!

Rich.[/quote]

WHAT!!!!!!!! :huh:

Do you ever sleep,or do you do that whilst driving?

I drive 1500 miles a year MAX in my 2000 Volvo

I suppose it doesn't help that I hate my car,I miss all 4 of my Nissan Bluebird Turbo's :)