Why become a member? ×

Is your bass collection worth more than your car?

birdy

Well I've put off buying a car in order to be able to afford a few nice basses :) Realistically, I'm not going to throw £3k into a heavily depreciating asset that's going to cost me the average GDP of a small African country to legally run for a year when I could put the money into something I'd get more out of (and appreciate a lot more) and be able to cash in on (and get most of my cash back) if times get tough. That’s how I justify it anyway :huh:

Yes. Then again, as my car is only worth about £400, it's not exactly a stretch, but that'll soon change as the car isn't really losing value any more and I intend to shift my Aero either to a shop (depending on price) or ebay next summer, and as my other 2 are a VMJ and a T-Bird they'll just about equal out.

Mine aren't, but my car is a few months old and a Renaultsport 197 with a bunch of extra's.

And regarding the thread about buying a car for basses, I buy a car for wanting the car, then would change my rig if it wouldn't fit in! I think my car is more important then my equipment to me.

Edited by thedontcarebear

Yep-my old Toyota only cost me £650, which is less than I paid for my Precision. I love old bangers-who cares if they get scratched, dented, etc? My wife has Motability cars, which are brand new, and you can guarantee that in no time some arsewipe will hit it/open their door against it/scrape it etc., usually in supermarket car parks. It's happened to every Motability car she's had, often within weeks of getting it. Not a problem with a 12 year old car! Scratch? So what?

Edited by Deep Thought

According to t'internet our Mondeo is worth £75 - but most of that is in the boot where I put it when stuff falls off. It's done 129k miles and never coughed once It has a proven (!!) top speed of 127mph , that's recent. It's never yet got to £100 at MOT.

All of which means my strings are worth more than the car - never mind my basses!

It's about to go though , which is a shame as it's such a good running workhorse. So if anybody wants a banger for the price of the remaining tax - give me a shout.