Why become a member? ×

Your Pink Floyd favorites. ?

bubinga5

I'm sure I was listening to this band in the Womb. My mum was a big fan, and when she passed away I got her original vinyl of The Wall. Its still in perect condition. Every now and again I have a yearning to listen to my back catalogue of Pink Floyd. I think it's probably the most special music I've ever listed to. I have many favorites like Us and Them, Money, Breath. This is a real favorite of mine. Love it's bluesy feel. Listening wise, Pink Floyd have there place. But a very special one.Not typical when I think of Pink Floyd but a great record with lyrics about Rogers disgust with the record industry.Vocals by Roy Harper http://youtu.be/hMr3KtYUCcI

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1478629293' post='3170463']
A great tune. I actually prefer the alt. version with Dave & Rog's vox...

I've got loads of faves... Echoes, Sheep, Not Now John, Fat Old Sun, SOYCD... just a great band.
[/quote] I think Roy had way better vocals on this. Imo. Although Roger didn't like them.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1478630266' post='3170476']
I've always been a big fan of the album that so many seem to love to hate, Animals. It's what turned me onto the bass guitar and still a favourite. Sheep being particularly good.
[/quote]

Animals is one of my favourite albums of all time. I love Rogers angry, bitter lyrics.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1478633645' post='3170513']
One of my fave Floyd tracks.

[media]http://youtu.be/pJh9OLlXenM[/media]
[/quote]

+1 (alongside many others of their tracks...). Oh, the joys of literally wearing out the disks, with the playing hours (Days..? Weeks..?) they had to endure. Old..? Yes, I am. :blush:

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1478636745' post='3170549']
Trivia time. Does anyone know what the album cover on Wish You were Hear is about.? The man shaking hands with a man on fire.?
[/quote]

The whole album had a theme of 'absence'
Storm Thurgensens idea was along the lines of a man shaking hands with himself on fire as a way of saying goodbye I think.......well it WAS the 70's!!

Edited by Oopsdabassist