Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Pedal shelf update! I’m going to spend some time comparing the QTron to the Mutron later. First impressions are that it sounds remarkably similar, perhaps having the gain control uncoupled from the volume makes it more usable on my lower output basses. like the Mutron I like it best in ‘High’ mode which I don’t think you get on the Nano version

033A3480-C776-431B-B001-D59ECE4A644C.jpeg

• Like 5

Finally got around to wiring up a larger board today. Now I have no back line at all I needed a little room for the in ears transmitter so the board is the perfect place. 

signal chain. 

wireless - drop - compressor - oc5 - chorus - c4 - fwonk - seamoon - bassrig

991E9928-2C85-4C0B-B22B-B8FECD07827C.jpeg

• Like 8

So it just seems to get smaller as I get older... but right now, this is about as good as I think I've ever had it.

I swapped my Ashdown OriginAL for the MXR M81 (3rd time owning this and hopefully someone will slap some sense into me should I ever try and get rid of it again!)

Happy as a clam

Pedal Board 2022.11.jpg

• Like 4

Well this is growing and changing.... Here it is as of yesterday.

The TC Corona Chorus is fixed on the Duff Chorus setting. The HOF Reverb is "new" but it is for one echoey part of one song and the rest of the time for fretless use. I'm still madly in love with the Darkglass Duality and whenever the band wants to do a pop song with synth bass this is it, whether combined with the OC-2 or not. The Fender DT Express does its job and is always there in case the amp snuffs it. The AMT Wah has crept back onto the board. 

The recent "loss" from the board is my Boss SY-1 and Expression Pedal. It was a decent pedal but was hardly being used. I took the HOF and some cash for it and I'm happy with the deal. The drummer uses sample pads so has better access to synth sounds, I'll stick to OC-2 and fuzz for my synth parts. 

There's space for more pedals though....

IMG20221107125618.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Well this is growing and changing.... Here it is as of yesterday.

The TC Corona Chorus is fixed on the Duff Chorus setting. The HOF Reverb is "new" but it is for one echoey part of one song and the rest of the time for fretless use. I'm still madly in love with the Darkglass Duality and whenever the band wants to do a pop song with synth bass this is it, whether combined with the OC-2 or not. The Fender DT Express does its job and is always there in case the amp snuffs it. The AMT Wah has crept back onto the board. 

The recent "loss" from the board is my Boss SY-1 and Expression Pedal. It was a decent pedal but was hardly being used. I took the HOF and some cash for it and I'm happy with the deal. The drummer uses sample pads so has better access to synth sounds, I'll stick to OC-2 and fuzz for my synth parts. 

There's space for more pedals though....

IMG20221107125618.jpg

How do you find the Smoothhound wireless?

1 hour ago, bassace97 said:

How do you find the Smoothhound wireless?

It's ok. My only previous wireless was a Line 6 unit that was faulty then I didn't gig through covid. I bought a battery checker and I need to make sure before a gig I've got 75% minimum battery in it, if it goes below 50% I get issues. What I find is that the unit flops around a bit so it needs sticking to the bass. I do go walkabout occasionally and have gone off onto the dancefloor etc a few times without issue. 

• Like 1

A little off-topic, but been trying something new out with the Earthquaker Devices Swiss Things over on my guitar board. However, hit a bit of a technical glitch. For reference, signal chain as follows:

Guitar in -
- Loop 1: wah and overdrives
- Volume controlled via expression pedal between loop 1 and 2
- Loop 2 - modulation, delay, reverb
- output
- Tuner on a separate buffered output.

I‘m getting what appears to be a feedback loop in loop 1 when using certain combinations (not all combos) of pedals. High-pitched noise that shifts frequency when adjusting wah or most of the overdrive controls.

Everything individually seems to work perfectly fine. It’s only with certain wah/drive combos that I have the issue.

This stops when I put a buffered pedal (eg the tuner) in front of the Swiss Things. Also doesn’t occur if all the pedals are just in one or the other loop. Could just keep them all in one, but loses the point of getting the volume pedal out of the signal path and between the drives and the delay/reverb.

Any tips out there? I‘ve messaged Earthquaker Devices, but haven’t had anything back from them yet, and not getting anything from the guitar forums…

144884C8-446F-4A0F-988B-0B0DEDDC5203.jpeg

• Like 2

I've been messing around with my board (isn't that the real point of pedals boards?) I'm working on two new projects, both blues/rock orientated but different styles within that genre. So initially I've been using this board with a range of effects to go through the songs and get some basic sounds.

DSCG9521.JPG.2d0dffd18abe48724d41979daf94a45d.JPG

Signal path is Vexpress>Tuner>Hypergravity>Bass Clone>Neo Mistress>Olycism (delay)>Octaver>Soul Food>Glowplug>amp. Most used pedals on the bottom row for easy access. The DI box is not wired in but there as a 'just in case'. Power supply under the board.

Final rehearsal tonight and gig on Friday for the band playing Eagles stuff and this is the line up that will feature.

DSCG9523.JPG.36e9bd2aae23ef4c955a99fa40704a29.JPG

Signal path is simple right to left. I was in two minds about keeping the Neo Mistress for the flanged part of 'Life in the Fast Lane', but the guitars are sounding good at that point and don't need me in there too. I was playing with the octaver on 'Rocky Mountain Way' but in the interests of simplicity and space on stage, I've gone with this set up.

I've still to decide about the other band, which plays a heavier/rockier blues set but I suspect the Soul Food and octaver will find their way back in the line-up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

which combos? 

The main problematic combos include the wah and JHS Sweet Tea (central brown pedal) and the Archer into the Sweet Tea. 

Sweet Tea into the Micro Amp is fine and wah into any other overdrive seems fine. JHS Charlie Brown (back row) is pretty much on all the time, but doesn’t seem to make a difference whether on or off. 

15 hours ago, iamtheelvy said:

A little off-topic, but been trying something new out with the Earthquaker Devices Swiss Things over on my guitar board. However, hit a bit of a technical glitch. For reference, signal chain as follows:

Guitar in -
- Loop 1: wah and overdrives
- Volume controlled via expression pedal between loop 1 and 2
- Loop 2 - modulation, delay, reverb
- output
- Tuner on a separate buffered output.

I‘m getting what appears to be a feedback loop in loop 1 when using certain combinations (not all combos) of pedals. High-pitched noise that shifts frequency when adjusting wah or most of the overdrive controls.

Everything individually seems to work perfectly fine. It’s only with certain wah/drive combos that I have the issue.

This stops when I put a buffered pedal (eg the tuner) in front of the Swiss Things. Also doesn’t occur if all the pedals are just in one or the other loop. Could just keep them all in one, but loses the point of getting the volume pedal out of the signal path and between the drives and the delay/reverb.

Any tips out there? I‘ve messaged Earthquaker Devices, but haven’t had anything back from them yet, and not getting anything from the guitar forums…

144884C8-446F-4A0F-988B-0B0DEDDC5203.jpeg

I've had exactly this issue before. It's an impedance thing. Occurs when a drive goes into a wah, specifically the drive has a relatively high output impedance and the wah is quite resonant. The only solution that worked for me was to put a high quality buffer (or a buffered pedal) before the wah.

8 hours ago, AJ567 said:

I've had exactly this issue before. It's an impedance thing. Occurs when a drive goes into a wah, specifically the drive has a relatively high output impedance and the wah is quite resonant. The only solution that worked for me was to put a high quality buffer (or a buffered pedal) before the wah.

I figured it was something along those lines, though all drives are after the wah.

Using a buffer before the Swiss Things seems to do the trick, though a buffer in the loop before the wah doesn’t change anything…

Hello there!

OK.. So here’s the latest iteration of my board. I play in a covers band. Mostly rock and soul, but I also need to play some synth parts.

Signal chain is Polytune (tuner) -> Cali76 (compression) -> OC-5 (octave) -> Red Muck (fuzz) -> Microtron IV (envelope filter) -> Pork and Pickle (overdrive/fuzz) -> Harmonic Booster (eq) -> Ripley Fall (chorus/phaser/vibrato) -> ARP-87 (delay) -> Vong (HP/LP filter)

Mostly playing a jazz with rounds (Aleš Vychodil AVBJ4 and Elixir Nanoweb nickels)

The Vong is the most recent addition. Really tightens up speaker response.

4CDCD1C2-5A5B-4957-80B4-BFEE3D706EC9.jpeg

Edited by Kimosabbe
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Kimosabbe said:

Hello there!

OK.. So here’s the latest iteration of my board. I play in a covers band. Mostly rock and soul, but I also need to play some synth parts.

Signal chain is Polytune (tuner) -> Cali76 (compression) -> OC-5 (octave) -> Red Muck (fuzz) -> Microtron IV (envelope filter) -> Pork and Pickle (overdrive/fuzz) -> Harmonic Booster (eq) -> Ripley Fall (chorus/phaser/vibrato) -> ARP-87 (delay) -> Vong (HP/LP filter)

Mostly playing a jazz with rounds (Aleš Vychodil AVBJ4 and Elixir Nanoweb nickels)

The Vong is the most recent addition. Really tightens up speaker response.

4CDCD1C2-5A5B-4957-80B4-BFEE3D706EC9.jpeg

… now that is a very tasty functional board you have made there 😁👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Used this last night (apologies for crap pic, quick snap taken before packing down). 

IMG_20221112_233014.thumb.jpg.50b2380f3a85896b2b7b941c70f698b4.jpg

My first time gigging the Source Audio pedals. I've had them forever but I'm nearly there with these two.

Despite hours spent levelling the volume most were still way too loud, but I'll get there. It's the issue of bedroom levels versus gig levels. But I have some good sounds and I can call them up via the midi thingy.

I actually cannibalised my SA board and my Joyo mini pedal board for this set up. It was a wrench, but silly to have these boards just because they're nice to look at!

• Like 4