Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='plunkrock' timestamp='1367225502' post='2062652']

Nice! The Rat is a permanent feature then? How is the new Darkglass?
[/quote]

rat is great! still havent dialled in my perfect two settings on it, but im going to use it for a more focused and cutting sound with not as much of a level boost as i have on the B3k (which i use for a gnarly MEGAdrive)

the darkglass vintage is amazing, since i stopped using my pearce BC1 preamp live (was too worried about it haha) i was missing something from my sound, im using the Boss parametric to approximate the pre gain mid EQ of the pearce, running that into the vintage, and then doing some bass and treble EQ on my ampeg PF500,

the vintage really smoothes out the high notes, which had got a bit DRY sounding from the massive 1khz boost.

everything sounds great to my ears now.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/goat_punisher/media/2013-04-29205935_zps4df26785.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/goat_punisher/2013-04-29205935_zps4df26785.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/goat_punisher/media/2013-04-29205954_zps63b0c1d0.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/goat_punisher/2013-04-29205954_zps63b0c1d0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/goat_punisher/media/2013-04-29210035_zps257c0dea.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/goat_punisher/2013-04-29210035_zps257c0dea.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1367532186' post='2066706']

How are you finding that Markbass distortion ?
[/quote]

Excellent for its size, the controls are a bit counter intuitive. One increases 800hz up to 20db and the other is some kind of weird passive tone. A little weird to control. Not too good at low gain settings.
Sounds like the BB preamp but in darker tones wont sound like a muff like the bb.
I wanted another bb or similar but tHis sounds tHe same at high gain, and is smaller and only cost me 70 quid new.

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1367274900' post='2063683']
The Nanos are TINY, but it makes complete sense if you barely need anything on your board like I do.

Liam
[/quote]

You'd think, I now have two nano's really need to just stick with a PT jr or One was always my favourite board size, modular just means infinately expandable to me terrible thing. :D

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1367534158' post='2066749']
Excellent for its size, the controls are a bit counter intuitive. One increases 800hz up to 20db and the other is some kind of weird passive tone. A little weird to control. Not too good at low gain settings.
Sounds like the BB preamp but in darker tones wont sound like a muff like the bb.
I wanted another bb or similar but tHis sounds tHe same at high gain, and is smaller and only cost me 70 quid new.
[/quote]

Hmmm ... sounds like one I'll need to audition in person. Thanks

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1367569080' post='2066916']
You'd think, I now have two nano's really need to just stick with a PT jr or One was always my favourite board size, modular just means infinately expandable to me terrible thing. :D
[/quote]

Heheh :) .... I started buying small pedals and nano because of restricted room on stage .... now I have a full nano and a PT mini for the overflow of small pedals I can't get on the nano :/ I expect I'll take both to the Herts bass bash.

Currently messing about with the following, just playing with some sounds for a project really, all changeable as usual :)
Yes there's loads more power than necessary, but it's so I can add in stuff for experimenting off-board and just power whatever.

Si

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1367586641' post='2067271']

Hmmm ... sounds like one I'll need to audition in person. Thanks
[/quote]

It is a nice pedal, I'm just over critical of stuff these days. Goes great with the BB preamp rolling low gain drive into great breakup. Imo better than the tube marker as there are more controls, but I want to try the 7 band eq distortion.
I wish they'd offer more mini pedals like an octave.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1367586793' post='2067278']
Heheh :) .... I started buying small pedals and nano because of restricted room on stage .... now I have a full nano and a PT mini for the overflow of small pedals I can't get on the nano :/ I expect I'll take both to the Herts bass bash.
[/quote]

Yep in the space of two band practices decided the 2 nano's aren't working and I've bought a PT 1, oh and some more fx but the new board is going to be impressive ish :D

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1367594689' post='2067398']
Currently messing about with the following, just playing with some sounds for a project really, all changeable as usual :)
Yes there's loads more power than necessary, but it's so I can add in stuff for experimenting off-board and just power whatever.

Si
[/quote]

Thats very cool Matrix-esque enclosure on that board!

after my jazz trio has split up last week, I spent the whole day with finding/programming sounds on the different boards/pedals and figuring out how to use bass (and bass synth), guitar and vox to work with the looper for my next bandproject where we will be 2 guitarists/bassplayers sharing jobs and a drummer, playing some urban grooverock.
man, still a long way to go! :blush:

Edited by krysh