Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

here's my latest board - all about the dirt now that i'm playing originals

tuner > wounded paw black sheep > wounded paw battering ram > dod flanger (switched via the LS-2 to match the volume and to avoid using the dod's footswitch) > tronographic rusty box

for playing live all runs into an ebs microbass so i can use a speaker-emulated DI for the PA.

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1363784517' post='2017520']
Room for two of those boards on even the tightest of stages ;)
[/quote]
;) But I have no need for those sorts of extra effects. The only thing I'm tempted by is a low-pass filter, specifically the Iron Oxide Xerograph, and even then I'm not too fussed as I also have a synth setup. You should see my dual-station setup for the conference gig I've got next week. Small but awesome!

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1363785950' post='2017556']
Obviously you need another 2 levels of dirt at least, plus an envelope filter and a couple of delay pedals. That would be simple!
[/quote]
He's getting better ;) we spent Tuesday doing some board measurements for... a certain project... and since then Shep's put together his select pedals onto a single board.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1363976316' post='2020487']
Latest for moi..

[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/KevMan69/Snapbucket/0082F91C_zps6fd73a69.jpg[/IMG]

Need to fit a polytope somewhere I think...
[/quote]

Awesome board :)
How do you find the Wonderlove?

Si

Finished putting this together today:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/BigBassBob/CameraZOOM-20130327224817761.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/BigBassBob/CameraZOOM-20130327224730943.jpg[/IMG]

I'm rather happy with my setup right now :)

Thanks Gaz :)

I tried a few combinations of the signal chain but I find that I like to use the BB much in the same way as I used the W&C Phat Phuk; as a mild dirt to boost everything else in the chain. Adds some mids to the B3K to give it a more old school sound.

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1364451509' post='2026618']
Ace board dude!!! Compressor always on?
[/quote]

Depends on the gig. For quieter work (acoustic and folk gigs) I like to use it as an always-on limiter. 90% of the time I use it to boost and smooth out slapping and tapping.

... Nice board Marsy... the Iron Ether 'Nimbus' Bass Reverb looks interesting.. the TC 'Shaker' is a cool and under-rated pedal IMHO, but a little bit of a surprise on a board with plenty of Drive/fuzz :) how are you getting on with it? looks like there's plenty of room for a couple more pedals.. :hi:

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1364205874' post='2023036']
My current pubby rock band board. Rehearsing at the mo, and trying to fun the right drive sounds!

[/quote]

Trying to find the right drive sound? Let me get this right, you've got (in no particular order) BBMD, Bass tube screamer, BK3, MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe and a CM2? I reckon it's in there [i]somewhere[/i]... ;)

Edited by paul_5

Latest incarnation!

I've now got my Sansamp, Ashdown, and Marshall pedals in the loop of the MXR Noise Clamp...So when I switch off the noise clamp my signal goes from the compressor straight to the Zoom B3 (which I've got hooked up to a Diago Isolator Adaptor). I've replaced my patch leads with the Diago Patchfactory kit (smallest plugs ever, they're only 11mm!), and raised the back row with some of those Diago Pedal Risers.

Oh, and it's a Diago Gigman board...

Diago are pretty good :P

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1364506112' post='2027550']
I've replaced my patch leads with the Diago Patchfactory kit (smallest plugs ever, they're only 11mm!),
[/quote]

They look pretty cool, but they're not the lowest profile, my Hosa pancake jacks are 7mm high. Or was it diameter you were talking about ?

i call this one...'synth machine'.

mega crazy retro 8-bit crushed fuzzy synth sounds, had fun noodling away this afternoon with it! (need to put it on a board really...maybe later)

the voodoo octave fuzz pedal sounds (imo) really good on bass, the octave up sounds like ass though. i try not to step on that switch.

and my 'extra-normal' setup:

yeah.

the chorus is shimmery and has almost a 'vibrato' effect...very cool after the dirt box, i liiike.

oh and of course the obligatory octave down for that 'de-congestion' effect on the respitories

Edited by tonyquipment