Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='ordep' timestamp='1361556752' post='1987580'] sell the korg then get the polytune mini, problem solved. :-p [/quote]

Oops misread this the first time as "get the pitch black". The PolyTune Mini is a nice idea, I'll have to have a think on it ;)

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1361813511' post='1991312']
1: Line6 Relay G50 - TC E Polytune Mini - Tech 21 VT Bass - Mooer Pure Octave, all on a Pedaltrain Nano
[/quote]
Have you got the Pure Octave already and if so how do you find it ? I pretty much ruled it out for my tiny board, because of the warbley demos I heard (plus more reports of same).

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1361821019' post='1991521']
Have you got the Pure Octave already and if so how do you find it ? I pretty much ruled it out for my tiny board, because of the warbley demos I heard (plus more reports of same).
[/quote]

I haven't yet, but i plan on getting one to give it a go. Though i'm not entirely sure whether it's even worth getting an octave at all yet.

Liam

Guest teamcoy

Just had a change around on mine, going to tidy up the cabling and re-cut a couple for aesthetics.

For once I only have pedals on my board that I use in every set.

Just got done with my board, baked the cables myself because a guy has to learn right? Only thing left is to tape off the Leds on the BassOmeter, boy are they bright!
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img27/8771/20130301233907.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Bolo

Finally sorted my set up to a decent enough state to bother posting here:

Morley ABY mix -> markbass compressore -> nano looper [~> OC2 ~> GE7B ~> PH1r ~> Unichorus ~> pork loin] -> SMMH w/hazarai
(All pedals on isolated outlets from a PP2+ which is mounted under the pedaltrain with the exception of the compressore of course.

Loving having the bottom row on a loop - let's me punch in some pretty epic combos!

The only problem is my sizable but oh so lovely DHA VT1 EQ Drive will be with me in the next couple of weeks after Dave gives it some TLC and as you can see my board is ramajam!! I'm currently thinking of just chucking the DHA in the gig bag as I promised myself I'd adapt tithe pedaltrain jr size!

Hmmmmm :-/

Edit: So I was comparing the dimensions of the vt1 to the SMMH and I reckon I could squeeze the vt1 into that spot. But then what about the SMMH..? So that got me thinking "we'll if I get a slightly bigger board then I could pop the DHA in the mix and maybe have space for a single looper pedal and a Decimator (just sold one but have since regretted it)"

I hate myself

Edited by Ashwood1985

[quote name='teamcoy' timestamp='1362156739' post='1996596']
Just had a change around on mine, going to tidy up the cabling and re-cut a couple for aesthetics.

For once I only have pedals on my board that I use in every set.

[/quote]

Question dude!...... Your jamman solo and footswitch box - is it seamless when moving to another part/scene/whatever while playing? Or does it pause a touch like the RC3??

Update!
since I'm condemned ;) to play fretless (which doesn't have a midi-pickup and won't get one. I don't know why, but I just don't want to add another "glued" pickup) in my jazz-trio BUT I also want to implement playing guitar to add more colours to the band sound, this board will be my experimental "analog" studioboard:

but since I still have to carry some pedals home and there I'm allowed to get "digital" here my "rehearsal boards" for guitar:

and bass:

yeah I know, I'm an addict, but still there is so much to learn how to PLAY with it. :blush:

Guest teamcoy

[quote name='Ashwood1985' timestamp='1362275420' post='1997930']

Question dude!...... Your jamman solo and footswitch box - is it seamless when moving to another part/scene/whatever while playing? Or does it pause a touch like the RC3??
[/quote]

Will try it, and report back, I use it to live loop and play sounds between songs so don't ever have the need to instantly switch.

Will try it later on.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1362303908' post='1998054']
Nice shots dude! When u go back to ebs amps
[/quote]

I went back to the Fafner just before Christmas. I love the Genz, but it runs out of it's 900w when I hit it with sub octave at about half the volume the Fafner does (at 400w). Old watts vs new watts - Old watts won! :)

Its bigger and heavier but I'm happy with the performance and piece of mind

Guest teamcoy

[quote name='Ashwood1985' timestamp='1362275420' post='1997930']
[/quote][quote name='teamcoy' timestamp='1362297939' post='1997976']
Will try it, and report back, I use it to live loop and play sounds between songs so don't ever have the need to instantly switch.

Will try it later on.
[/quote]

Have had a look, yes, you can with pre recorded loops but not on the fly loops. It is completely seemless too, quite clever how it works actually, can select loop 2 to play while loop 1 is playing, it will then start immediately after loop 1 ends. If you were recording loop 1, once you had finished and triggered playback, you can then select a pre-recorded loop which will start at the end of the loop cycle.

There may be a way to do it with live loops, but with the noodle I just had, I couldn't see it.

Hope this helps. Nice board too, good luck squeezing the DH pedal on.

Matt

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1361821019' post='1991521']
[/quote]
[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1361822023' post='1991554']
I haven't yet, but i plan on getting one to give it a go. Though i'm not entirely sure whether it's even worth getting an octave at all yet.

Liam
[/quote]

I tried both the Pure Octave and the Pitch Box at the London Bass Show. The listening environment was a little challenging, but they sounded much more warbley in person than they did in the demo videos. I'd suggest trying one out before buying if you can.