Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1367733934' post='2068764']
Nice, how you finding the fuzz?
[/quote]

It's good. Probably more than I need tbh, but as long as I keep the gain below 9 o'clock I get just the right amount of grit that I like B)

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1367744505' post='2068857']
I fancy one of those para EQs, but its a bit massive.
[/quote]

it's not [i]that[/i] big, and it works so well! I don't think you'd ever need any more tone shaping that this thing is capable of.

[quote name='krysh' timestamp='1367690328' post='2068503']
after my jazz trio has split up last week, I spent the whole day with finding/programming sounds on the different boards/pedals and figuring out how to use bass (and bass synth), guitar and vox to work with the looper for my next bandproject where we will be 2 guitarists/bassplayers sharing jobs and a drummer, playing some urban grooverock.
man, still a long way to go! :blush:

[/quote]

Sounds really interesting ... Would like to hear the end result, or even rough mixes or rehearsal 'tapes'.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1367767058' post='2069201']
Sounds really interesting ... Would like to hear the end result, or even rough mixes or rehearsal 'tapes'.
[/quote]

will do, but we are just starting. working on the 1st 2 originals each in their own studios right now sharing files. it will take at least 4 months until we will be stage ready I guess.

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1367766605' post='2069198']

it's not [i]that[/i] big, and it works so well! I don't think you'd ever need any more tone shaping that this thing is capable of.
[/quote]

Well I could rid one pedal in favour for it but still is loose a lot of realestate.

Yes, the video demos sound awful to me, the reviews I've heard here and on TB sound pretty bad, and I tried them (pitch box and pure octave) at the bass guitar show, under admittedly challenging conditions, and they sounded really not good. I can't see myself buying one.

My pedalboard as it is now:

Chain:
Bass --> Boss Tu-3 --> TAAS Basscreamer Deluxe --> Fuzzrocious Rat Tail --> GGG tuned muff with Tonebender, tonebypass and feedback mod a.k.a. "Muff Diver --> EHX Pog2 --> Digitech PDS2700 Double Play a.k.a "DigiFag" --> Boss PN-2 --> Amp

Only thing now that's missing is a reverb and maybe the fuzz will be swapped with something with something that has a bit more mid on tap. But for now, I'm happy enough with this lot.

Guest FretNoMore

Hi guys,

New member here, :hi: some may recognize my alias from that other discussion group, thought it might be nice to join in here as well as it looks like the discussions, gear choices and time zones are not quite the same between the two communities.

As I'm of the gearhead persuasion what's more suitable than to start by posting some pedalboard pictures. :) Just finished a lot of replacing and reconfiguring, going for as compact a pedalboard as I can, limited by the size of my DIY case and dual tier board.

Multidrive -> Euphoria -> micro Thumpinator (between tiers) -> Octaver -> Wonderlove ->
Compressor -> Grand Orbiter -> Darkglass Vintage -> Chorus -> Flashback -> Polytune -> ParaEq

[i]Disclaimer: No playing skills were created during the construction of this board[/i]. :P

Edited by FretNoMore

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1368807520' post='2081851']
Hi guys,

New member here, :hi: some may recognize my alias from that other discussion group, thought it might be nice to join in here as well as it looks like the discussions, gear choices and time zones are not quite the same between the two communities.

As I'm of the gearhead persuasion what's more suitable than to start by posting some pedalboard pictures. :) Just finished a lot of replacing and reconfiguring, going for as compact a pedalboard as I can, limited by the size of my DIY case and dual tier board.

Multidrive -> Euphoria -> micro Thumpinator (between tiers) -> Octaver -> Wonderlove ->
Compressor -> Grand Orbiter -> Darkglass Vintage -> Chorus -> Flashback -> Polytune -> ParaEq

[i]Disclaimer: No playing skills were created during the construction of this board[/i]. :P
[/quote]

Very nice! Nice to see another Wonderlove user :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1368825979' post='2082143']
Tried the Phat Phuk before the Octaver? I find it improves the tracking on my OC-2 :)
[/quote]

No! The mxr Octaver tracking is good enough for the one sing I use it in!

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1368826080' post='2082146']
Very nice! Nice to see another Wonderlove user :)
[/quote]

Thanks! It's a great pedal - makes you make faces while using it though! :)

Guest FretNoMore

Thanks guys!

OCD for sure, and probably one or two other problems. :)

Edited by FretNoMore