Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar magazine

kendall

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1464381267' post='3059124']
Scenario #1 - Just Dave Swift on the cover:
95% of bass players: [i]'Who's that bloke on the cover of BGM?'[/i]
[/quote]
Wasn't just Dave on the front of the magazine not so long ago? I seem to recall a picture posted somewhere, sometime...?

[quote name='megallica' timestamp='1464379992' post='3059101']
Don't see many ibanez musician basses in bass magazines so quite pleased with this cover
[/quote]

He's a big fan of Ibanez, has a big collection. Very interesting guy, did a talk at the South East Bass Bash a few years ago and a few of us lot are friends with him on Facebook and he's always got some interesting stuff to say and show. I like him, always very humble to be playing with Jools and always likes to big up the guests that he backs.

Edited by barneyg42

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1464426913' post='3059352']
This is common practice and is done in order to boost sales. Put Ozzy Osbourne next to his bass player on a magazine cover and it's likely that some Ozzy fans will buy the magazine, regardless of their interest (or lack of) in bass.
[/quote]

This. Dave is also a really good friend of the forum. Cool mag, cool guy, cool bass, cool gig. B)

I couldn't give a monkey's if they put Jools on the cover. I know who Dave Swift is, but I don't know who half the other players interviewed in this month's edition are, regardless of what bands they're in.

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1464452338' post='3059592']
I couldn't give a monkey's if they put Jools on the cover. I know who Dave Swift is, but I don't know who half the other players interviewed in this month's edition are, regardless of what bands they're in.
[/quote]

That's because they aren't pictured with their band mates.

Clue : one of them is a luthier.

Even if the band leader was a [i]waxy faced, glorified pub pianist[/i]*, I don't suppose it's a gig too many of us would have turned down?

* quote attributed to one John Joseph Wardle

Edited by troubadour

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1464451632' post='3059589']
This. Dave is also a really good friend of the forum. Cool mag, cool guy, cool bass, cool gig. B)
[/quote]

Well said! :)

Dave is a great bass player, with a good feel for various styles of music.
A professional, who is out there on a Very Regular basis, doing his stuff and a friend of mine.

He is a very genuine person, who has developed a very health interest in Classic Japanese
instruments - mainly Ibanez, as after playing all sorts of things over the years, has now recognised
the quality of that era and is playing them on a regular basis.

Top Bloke! ;)

:D

Jools just happens to be on the cover!! B)