Why become a member? ×

Oh Yeah! Barefaced!

Marty Forrer

My second Barefaced One10 just arrived. I'm like a kid in a sandpit! With my GK MB800 head, and Deuce D2 bridge and Zac Victor pickup on my upright, I'm winding back the low bass knob to 9 o'clock with just one cab.... the bass response is just phenominal. With two cabs will be insane. Darn, I don't have a gig now for a couple of weeks, how am I going to hold out?

Careful! You're not allowed to say how good Barefaced cabs are on this forum, there are people here who have never used a Barefaced cab or even SEEN one in the flesh, yet they will be upset! For some reason Alex's success drives them completely insane!! :unsure: Seriously though, I have huge GAS for a One10... Soon, soon. Congratulations on your purchase. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1460203134' post='3023560']
I also suspise the same thing.
[/quote]

I didn't think 'suspise' was a real word, but it is in the Urban Dictionary - which is good enough for me.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460202858' post='3023552']

I have a suspicion that two would not be necessary. Well not for me, anyway. I'll let you know in the fullness of time...
[/quote]

Do you have one incoming Mark?

I think two One10s might be my perfect rig with my RM800, when I have money again (in 20 years hahaha) I will have to go for it!

I really dislike my One 10. It is so boring; it just makes my basses sound good without any knob twiddling on the Tecamp. I miss all that bicep building too; these things are useless for weight practice. Being so disappointed I bought a second one to make sure. Same result, just more of it. Now I can [i]not[/i] exercise both arms at the same time. To add insult to injury my band mates actually like the sound so I cannot even annoy them with the noise.

[quote name='DBerriff' timestamp='1460218407' post='3023781']
I really dislike my One 10. It is so boring; it just makes my basses sound good without any knob twiddling on the Tecamp. I miss all that bicep building too; these things are useless for weight practice. Being so disappointed I bought a second one to make sure. Same result, just more of it. Now I can [i]not[/i] exercise both arms at the same time. To add insult to injury my band mates actually like the sound so I cannot even annoy them with the noise.
[/quote]
You forgot to say they look crap, the logo sucks and the feet and handles fall off, Lol.

Yes don't forget the apparently woeful build quality! I'm very lucky, I think my wife must keep swapping mine for a new one each time I leave the house. Must be the only explanation for it still being as good as new, with handles, feet and finish all still perfectly intact! 😉

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460226915' post='3023894']
Not yet, but it's next up. I'm going to order it in around two or three weeks. :)
[/quote]

Delivery in time for Christmas then. Sorry but I know from experience that the wait is agony!

I don't really get the point of this post, other than to antogonise a few fellow BC'ers. I hope the mods get a hold of it as it's going the way of TB and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that I cannae be arsed with hearing BF love & hate in every thread.

So far as I can see the point of the thread is that someone has bought and actually used a BF cab and was so pleased he wanted to share the experience. It happens quite a lot, which is why you hear it quite a lot. I cannot understand why that could be perceived as provocative.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460202322' post='3023535']
Careful! You're not allowed to say how good Barefaced cabs are on this forum, there are people here who have never used a Barefaced cab or even SEEN one in the flesh, yet they will be upset! For some reason Alex's success drives them completely insane!! :unsure: Seriously though, I have huge GAS for a One10... Soon, soon. Congratulations on your purchase. :)
[/quote]

I think its because barefaced do get a lot of great reviews and are well loved, it can seem sometimes that all you see is barefaced this and that. So I think some folk get a bit funny as they use a different brand of cab.

I think folk should chill out and remember that we are not teenage console fanboys. We are older supposedly wiser fanboys haha.