Why become a member? ×

describe the modern bass player

Shonks

The modern bass player - someone who isn't on here :o [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/277926-2016-poll-how-old-are-you/page__st__30__p__2968557__hl__poll__fromsearch__1#entry2968557"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/277926-2016-poll-how-old-are-you/page__st__30__p__2968557__hl__poll__fromsearch__1#entry2968557[/url]

Does 'modern' mean someone playing now or does it mean a young player now or does it mean a player who is looking forward in their playing, anticipating trends? Does it mean someone who is modern in their choice of equipment?

Is an 18 year old playing Sweet Home Alabama on a vintage Fender through an aged amp modern?

As you can see, I'm better at asking questions than answering them today.

Well currently my main gigging bass is actually a Fender 'Modern Player' Jazz 5 string and I just bought my first lightweight rig. On the other hand, this Saturday night I will be playing a set which will include The Boys Are Back In Town so where does that leave me?!?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1455265380' post='2977538']
Describe the typical BassChat bass player....
[/quote]

Middle-aged, bitter and resentful of his lack of commercial success. Spends his days online denigrating those players who are younger, better looking and more successful. <Runs away fast>

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1455265380' post='2977538']
Describe the typical BassChat bass player....
[/quote]Somebody who loads[b] £5000 [/b]of equipment into the back of a [b]£500[/b] car to travel [b]50 miles [/b]to earn [b]£50[/b]

....excuse. Me for repeating myself

Oh...& trades basses in car parks of shopping malls...lol

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1455266776' post='2977553']
Somebody who loads[b] £5000 [/b]of equipment into the back of a [b]£500[/b] car to travel [b]50 miles [/b]to accept [b]£50[/b] for a gig
[/quote]

Fixed it for ya