Why become a member? ×

Barefaced info?

sunburstjazz1967

Thanks for reading this thread and excuse my ignorance but do these Barefaced cabs quite a few of you appear to have built come in kit form with all the parts or just the plans to build them at home and the badges to put on them? I'm quite handy but I don't fancy trying to find all the parts so I'd rather pay for a box full of parts and screw it all together myself if possible?

I've looked at shops online and I like the look of Ashdown or Orange ones, bassdirect listed all sorts of brands I've never heard of that looked much fancier than Ashdown or these Barefaced kits, I can live with the 80s disco look as long as they sound ok?

I've only got an old 1x15 right now and its heavy!

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Never heard of anyone building a Barefaced cab. You normally buy them from Barefaced direct Alex from Barefaced is a BC member and will not doubt post something soon.

I have a Retro 210 which is great. Loud and lightweight. Used to have a heavy old 15" until recently. Good luck with your investigation.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1452897342' post='2954661']

It's as irrelevant as what a pop band looks like - which is not very irrelevant at all! ;)
[/quote]

Hence an 8x10 which is surely more about appearance than necessity for 99.9999% of the bass playing population.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1452898164' post='2954668']
Hence an 8x10 which is surely more about appearance than necessity for 99.9999% of the bass playing population.
[/quote]

Depends where they play..? in a pub, yes.
Not seen one in a pub ...since god knows when
but there is a reason why the dominate stage gigs.

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1452972963' post='2955282']
when I moved back down from London , I broke some steps taking my Ampeg 8x10 down into a cellar bar ;)
[/quote]

I had to help carry a flightcased one of these up the 3 flights of stairs at The 100 Club. It wasn`t good!

Apropos point to recall my best 810 tale: at a rehearsal rooms years ago, the band I was in had a huuuge row round the pool table which culminated in my leaving in a typical "F*&k you lot, I'm off!" kinda way. Stormed back to the room, packed up and slung my stuff in the car in a massive strop, but then had to go back to the pool table and say "Erm, can you give me a lift with me cab?" :( :D

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1453135636' post='2956727']
If you can get to the Bass Gallery you could try a Big Baby 2

[url="http://thebassgallery.com/big-baby-2.html"]http://thebassgaller...big-baby-2.html[/url]
[/quote]

They actually have three demo cabs (Big Baby 2, Super Midget, One10) that bassists are welcome to borrow for gigs.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1453135636' post='2956727']
If you can get to the Bass Gallery you could try a Big Baby 2

[url="http://thebassgallery.com/big-baby-2.html"]http://thebassgaller...big-baby-2.html[/url]
[/quote]

The gallery also do trade-ins, well they did the last time I was there which was a good few years ago now, gave me a decent price for my eden against an epifani.