Why become a member? ×

The Worlds Most Recognisable Bass line.

Hobbayne

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1451475027' post='2940729']
When doves cry by Prince.
[/quote]
[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1451477519' post='2940757']

I can't even think how the bass line to that goes.

[/quote]me neither, I'm not into that sort of stuff, but I bet I know a few punk bass lines that people haven't heard

I asked Mrs. Pook (for some vox pops) and she said 'Another one bites the dust'

She reckons it because it's the first hook you hear in the song. In 'Good Times' it all kicks off with the strings, guitar and the piano, so the bass doesn't leap out from the start.

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1451475027' post='2940729']
When doves cry by Prince.
[/quote]bit slow, well very slow, but then again don't like much of the pretentious ones output, but I've got it now, having checked it out, what a bloody awful record, but how about this version?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ORinrCH7oM[/media]

Edited by PaulWarning

[quote name='Wonky2' timestamp='1451489148' post='2940909']
Remember, its not the best bass line the thread asks for, its the most recognisable bass line.... Two very different things there...
[/quote]

Agreed. I think we are getting a bit carried away with some of the suggestions. They are all excellent...but..."the world's most recognizable...!!!!!.." I would have my doubts.

Another forum that I visit had a similar posts while back, so I copied their top ten and have posted it below, a lot of them have already appeared, as stated its not the best but the most memorable, a lot of people may not equate Good times with Chic as so much as being used on Rappers delight for example. The list does have a couple of interesting ones. So I share it with the good folk of Basschat, Happy new year.

Peaches,
My Girl
Walking on the moon
Stand by me
The Chain
Summer loving
Good times.
Another one bites the dust
Fever.
Love cats.

A few years ago at a gig someone came up to me in the break and told me how clever it was to put the F1 music into the last song we did. You can imagine their surprise when I told them that The Chain was the whole song, F1 bass line included!! Not a young person either! At the same gig we were asked by a youngish lad if we could play it again as it was his favourite song since it was played at his uncles funeral who had died in motor racing accident. He called his dad to come down to the pub to see us play it again!